Wound care center in Roanoke, Virginia
The Advanced Wound Center at LewisGale Medical Center treats a wide range of chronic, acute and slow-healing wounds. Our wound specialists use leading-edge technology and work with patients and their primary care physicians to evaluate non-healing wounds and create individualized treatment plans to promote complete recoveries.
For more information about our wound care services, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (877) 242-2362.
Comprehensive wound treatment
If you or a loved one is coping with slow-healing or recurring wounds, schedule an appointment for wound-healing at The Advanced Wound Center at LewisGale Medical Center. Our wound care clinic offers compassionate care provided by highly trained physicians who collaborate with experts from other medical disciplines, including endocrinologists, rehabilitation specialists and diabetic counselors, to ensure a comprehensive plan of treatment.
Types of wounds and conditions we treat
Our specialists care for a wide range of chronic, non-healing and acute wounds stemming from:
- Bone or soft tissue infection
- Complex medical and surgical conditions
- Crush injuries
- Diabetes or other metabolic disorders
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation injury
- Thermal burns
- Vascular disease (venous or arterial)
Our wound-healing technology
We offer Southwest Virginia residents access to the most advanced technology for treating recurring wounds, including:
- Advanced dressing regimens — Our wound healing specialists employ moist wound care principles and use advanced technologies, such as the negative pressure device, biological skin substitutes and multilayer compression wraps.
- Arteriography — This is an imaging procedure that generates an X-ray of the blood vessels.
- Doppler technology and transcutaneous oxygen monitoring — These technologies assist physicians in assessing both the circulation and amount of oxygen available to surrounding tissue.
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) — HBOT treatment combines an oxygen-enriched atmosphere with high pressure to increase the oxygen in the blood plasma.
In addition to advanced technology, we also offer wound care digital photography, an imaging service that enables our care team to conduct a complete medical evaluation.
Wound clinic appointments
Physicians and other healthcare providers may refer patients to the Advanced Wound Center. Patients can also schedule their appointments by calling (540) 776-4446. A referral from a primary care physician may be required, depending on your insurance plan.
After your referral, you’ll be scheduled for an evaluation at our center. From initial assessment and throughout your treatment, periodic progress reports will be sent to your referring physician.
Coming to the Advanced Wound Center
We are an outpatient center open Monday through Thursday from 8:00am to 4:00pm and closed daily for lunch from noon to 1:00pm. The Advanced Wound Center is located on the first floor of LewisGale Medical Center and can be accessed through the main entrance.
Valet parking is complimentary. You can also self-park for free in the parking lot or garage. Once you register with the admissions desk at the main entrance, you will be directed to the Advanced Wound Center. We recommend that you arrive 30 minutes early to allow enough time for registration. Please bring insurance information, photo identification and a list of any medications you take.
Wound care at HCA Virginia
Wound care involves medical intervention to heal a wound after injury. Specialized treatment is provided for wounds that are non-healing or refuse to heal on their own. To promote healing, learning how to properly dress and care for wounds is vital.Learn about Wound care