Orthopedic and spine specialists in Hopewell, Virginia
When you have pain in your muscles, bones or joints, it can keep you from doing the activities you love. At John Randolph Medical Center, our expert orthopedic doctors and surgeons can help. We can get you back to a pain-free life by using our advanced treatments for orthopedic and spine conditions.
For more information about John Randolph Medical Center's orthopedic services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627 (DOCS).
Comprehensive orthopedic care
Our orthopedic specialists are here for all your orthopedic and joint care needs.
Our program features:
- A compassionate team committed to your health — You benefit from a team of doctors, surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists and professionals dedicated to helping you get better, faster.
- Board-certified specialists — Your care is provided by board-certified doctors, specially trained in orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery. Many of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Care in a full-service hospital — If you need surgery, we can offer it at our hospital, which includes all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
- Comprehensive care you deserve, all in one place — We offer a variety of diagnostic services to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions at the earliest stages. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation services. This means you can get diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
Orthopedic conditions we treat
Our orthopedic and spine team treats a wide range of orthopedic conditions including:
- Arthritis pain
- Bone spurs
- Broken bones
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Hand, wrist and upper extremity injuries
- Impingement (pinched nerve)
- Joint conditions
- Muscle strains or sprains
- Neck and back injury
- Overuse or repetitive stress injury
- Spine injuries
- Sports-related injuries
- Tendon and cartilage injury
- Trauma injury
Orthopedic treatments we offer
We use surgical and nonsurgical approaches — including rehabilitation, pain management programs and interventional procedures. We will customize a treatment plan that includes the right combination of these approaches to help you achieve your lifestyle and recovery goals.
Our orthopedic treatments include:
- Casting and splinting
- Minimally invasive surgery (for less scarring and a faster recovery)
- Pain management
- Rehabilitation programs, including occupational, physical and speech therapy
Robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery
John Randolph Medical Center is proud to launch our robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery program for total knee, partial knee, and total hip replacements.
If a patient has lost the quality of life and mobility needed for everyday activities (or for their general lifestyle) then he or she may be a candidate for joint replacement surgery.
During a robot-assisted joint replacement, your surgeon controls the platform's robotic arms. This enables your surgeon to operate with better precision and control as opposed to manually performing the procedure.
Benefits of robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery
- Use of smaller incisions
- Less pain
- Less scarring and blood loss
- Reduced stay in the hospital
- Quicker recovery
- Faster gain of motion and function
- Higher rate of success with replacement joins
A personalized plan is determined ahead of surgery by first doing a computer topography (CT) scan to develop a 3D model of your hip or knee. With our advanced technology, a surgeon is able to precisely target the part of the knee or hip that has been damaged. Then we can resurface the area that is diseased while not disturbing healthy surrounding bone and ligaments to place the implant. Because the implant is placed more precisely, it usually means a longer lifespan for the implant and less need for it to be replaced later in life. Patient studies and outcomes have shown that using the robotic arm can be four times for accurate than manual joint replacement procedures.
Our orthopedic programs have earned The Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission — the nation’s leading authority on quality care, outcomes and continuous improvement. This recognition was given to us for our comprehensive, high-quality hip replacement and knee replacement programs. If surgery is required for these or other joint conditions, your care will be provided right here, in our in full-service hospital by our expert joint replacement surgeons.
The spine is a complex structure that provides mobility and strength to the body. When you are experiencing a spine condition, you need the best possible care from an experienced team. Our expert spine doctors and surgeons offer that care, using advanced nonsurgical and surgical treatments for back and neck conditions.
We provide advanced sports medicine services for athletes, coaches and athletic directors. We offer innovative technology, expert advice, injury prevention and assessment, health and fitness training, treatment and rehabilitation for individuals and teams of all ages and levels. Our goal is to keep you and/or your team active and operating at peak performance.
When to seek emergency care for orthopedic injuries
If you or your loved one experiences an orthopedic injury, it is important to know whether you need immediate medical treatment. In general, you should visit the emergency room (ER) for the following issues:
- A broken bone that bulges from the skin or at an angle
- A deep cut
- A spinal injury
- Excessive bleeding from a cut or injury
- Head trauma
Orthopedic care at HCA Virginia
Orthopedic doctors, called orthopedists, take care of your bones and joints. This includes knee pain, total joint replacement, issues that impact your spine and more. You might need to see an orthopedist if you have arthritis or osteoporosis, or if you've had a recent sprain, strain or broken bone.Learn about Orthopedic care
- Chippenham Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center