Cancer care specialists in Hopewell, Virginia
Sarah Cannon Institute at John Randolph Medical Center brings advanced cancer care closer to our patients and their families. This means you and your family members will have greater access to one of the world’s leading teams of cancer specialists, breakthrough researchers and compassionate caregivers in the TriCities area.
From education through diagnosis and treatment, we provide personalized care that is designed to guide you through your cancer journey—medically, physically and emotionally.
For more information about cancer diagnostics, treatments and other services, call askSARAH at (804) 591-4152.
John Randolph Medical Center's oncology program is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. This recognition reflects our hospital's commitment to providing comprehensive cancer care.
Additionally, we are a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Our mammography services are also accredited by the ACR.
Comprehensive cancer care
Together with Sarah Cannon, we aim to bring you advanced, comprehensive cancer care. Patients who choose us for their cancer care will have access to:
A board-certified physician team comprised of specialists in:
- Medical oncology
- Palliative care
- Pulmonary medicine
- Radiation oncology
- Thoracic surgery
A clinical team that includes:
- Nurse navigators
- Oncology-certified nurses
- Social workers
- Supportive care counselors
- Minimally invasive surgical options
- National clinical research trials
- Oncology nurse navigators to guide patients from diagnosis through treatment and survivorship
- Survivorship planning
Types of cancer we treat
- Blood cancer
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
Our oncologists and hematologists collaborate to provide comprehensive, personalized blood cancer treatment. Our multidisciplinary team is committed to treating leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma with advanced technologies and techniques, so you can get the care that you need.
Our experts are here to provide expert colorectal cancer treatment and screenings to detect early signs of colon cancer. Colon polyps are the most common findings in colorectal cancer screenings, and early detection and removal is the best way to keep them from becoming cancerous.
Our gynecologists and oncologists collaborate to treat gynecologic cancer and prevent it with vaccinations and screenings.
You can reduce your risk of gynecologic cancer by:
- Maintaining a healthy diet and weight
- Practicing safe sexual habits
- Receiving the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine and test
- Regular Pap smear screenings and tests
Our pulmonologists, oncologists and surgical oncologists provide comprehensive lung cancer care, including diagnostics and treatments. Some of the lung cancer diagnostic tests you may undergo include:
- Computed tomography (CT) scans
- Positron emission tomography (PET) scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
Our multidisciplinary staff provides prostate cancer screenings to detect prostate cancer in its early stages. A prostate cancer screening may include a digital rectal exam (DRE) or a prostate-specific androgen (PSA) blood test.
Prostate cancer may not produce any signs in its early stages. Screenings are essential to detect cancer in its earliest stages when it is less aggressive.
Cancer treatments we offer
Some of the cancer treatment options we provide include:
- Infusion therapy, including chemotherapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Radiation therapy
- Surgical oncology, including robotic surgery when possible
Our cancer center provides support and resources from local cancer groups in the TriCities area. Some of these resources include:
- American Cancer Society (ACS)—ACS publishes and provides free information about their program and services, such as clinical trial matching, local events and other information.
- Virginia Breast Cancer Foundation (VBCF)—VBCF provides help and assistance for patients with breast cancer through education and advocacy.
About Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute
As part of Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, our family of hospitals provides comprehensive cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our communities. From diagnosis to treatment and survivorship care, our oncology expertise ensures you have access to locally trusted care with the support of a globally recognized network.
Have cancer questions? We can help. askSARAH is a dedicated helpline for your cancer-related questions. Our specially trained nurses are available 24/7 and all calls are confidential. Contact askSARAH at (804) 591-4152 or chat online at askSARAHnow.com.
Oncology at HCA Virginia
Oncology refers to the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Oncology treatments may include chemotherapy, radiation, medication or surgery. Oncologists can specialize in one of three fields of oncology: medical, radiation or surgery.Learn about Oncology
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Reston Hospital Center
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute At Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston Willis
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center