At Dominion Hospital, our approach to managing billing and insurance coverage is yet another way we work to provide you with exceptional, caring service. All financial, billing and insurance questions are handled through our HCA business offices in Richmond, VA, available by calling (866) 823-7612, Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Our business office/patient accounts mailing address is:
P.O. Box 13620
Richmond, VA 23225
We're committed to providing you with access to pricing estimates for common services, as well as other resources to help with the financial aspect of your healthcare. Financial counselors are available to answer your questions before and during your stay at Dominion Hospital. If you have questions regarding your account and want to speak to a customer service representative, call (866) 823-7612, Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
In our continuing effort to provide you with easy, reliable and secure billing services, we offer online bill pay, accepting VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover credit cards. Find out more by speaking with one of our customer service representatives. Call (866) 823-7612, Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding billing and insurance at Dominion Hospital.
- Why did I receive separate bills for the hospital and the doctor(s)? Services you receive at Dominion Hospital are often provided by different doctors and other specialists. They're legally required to submit separate bills. If you have a question about a specific bill, call the number provided on the statement you received.
- Why didn't my insurance pay for my hospital services?
Your insurance may have denied a claim for one or more of the following reasons:
- The service you received was not covered under your plan.
- The insurance information you provided was incorrect.
- You received service from a physician outside your plan's network.
- You were not covered by your plan at the time you received care.
- Your primary care physician did not process a referral for the services you received before they were rendered.
For a detailed explanation, contact your insurance company directly.
- Can I pay my bill over time?
Yes, payment arrangements may be made with Dominion Hospital by contacting our billing department at (866) 823-7612.
- I don't have any insurance. Is there any financial help available?
Yes. At Dominion Hospital, we have an extensive charity care and financial assistance program, including help for those who are uninsured. Learn more about our charity care and financial discount policy.
- What should I do if I have a question about my bill?
If you have any questions about your statement, or believe there is an error, contact our billing department at (866) 823-7612.
- I belong to a managed care plan. What should I do before coming to the hospital?
Read your insurance information closely to make sure you followed all guidelines for referrals, or call your insurance company for assistance. If you don't follow your plan requirements, it could result in more out-of-pocket expense for you. Your primary care doctor plays an important role in this process, so be sure to communicate with him/her.
- How do I get an itemized statement from Dominion Hospital for preparing income taxes and other purposes?
Contact our billing department Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm by calling (866) 823-7612.
At Dominion Hospital, we're committed to providing exceptional healthcare to everyone, regardless of financial status. Our financial counselors can help you identify ways to fulfill your financial responsibility. To learn more about our charity care and financial discount policy or to speak with one of our financial counselors, call (866) 823-7612, Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:00pm.
When choosing a medical insurance plan, it's important to understand exactly what's covered and whether or not the plan meets your needs. Read the plan carefully, know the details and ask as many questions as necessary to help you make the right decision before you buy. You may want to consult independent resources for help, such as:
Dominion Hospital's services and our commitment to quality and cost-effectiveness make us a key managed care provider in the region. We enact programs to improve our performance in virtually every area of healthcare. We participate in all major insurance and managed care programs in Northern Virginia, but managed care plans differ in both coverage and requirements. Know your plan's rules, requirements and benefits before you register for services at Dominion Hospital.
Participating Healthcare Plans
Dominion Hospital participates in the following plans and networks:
- AETNA HMO and PPO
- Anthem HMO and PPO
- BlueChoice and CapitalCare
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- CareFirst HMO, FEP and PPO
- CIGNA HMO and PPO
- FAMIS Plus*
- First Health
- Medicare Parts A and B
- MD IPA (Optimum Choice)
- Optum Behavorial Health
- Virginia Medicaid*
*Medicaid only covers services for individuals 21 and younger at a freestanding psychiatric facility like Dominion Hospital.
If your plan isn't listed, it may still be accepted by Dominion Hospital because we're constantly initiating new relationships with insurance companies to better serve you. To confirm that your particular plan includes Dominion Hospital, contact your insurance company or call us at (703) 536-2000.