Back specialists in Fredericksburg, Virginia
The spine is your body's support system, which is why back and neck pain can make even simple activities agonizing. To help, the spine doctors at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center provide multispecialty care from a team dedicated to your needs. It's whole-patient care that can quickly return you to a full range of motion and the activities you love.
For more information about Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's back and spine care services, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (888) 685-1610.
Back and spine conditions we treat
Back or neck pain is typically related to an injury, disease or wear and tear to vertebrae, muscles, nerves, discs or tendons. Our orthopedic team and spine specialists work together to diagnose and treat a wide range of these conditions, including:
- Bone spurs
- Degenerative disc disease
- Herniated discs
- Scoliosis and kyphosis
- Spinal stenosis and myelopathy
- Spinal tumors and cancer
- Spine fractures
- Spine infections
- Sports injuries
Non-surgical and minimally invasive spine treatments
Our spine experts will first evaluate your overall health and lifestyle so we can customize a treatment plan that meets your needs. Your spine doctor will do their best to try non-surgical and minimally invasive therapies to relieve your pain, such as:
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation — Board-certified therapists develop and supervise a fitness plan to strengthen and stabilize your core.
- Spinal injections — Image-guided technology is used to deliver epidural, facet joint, sacroiliac joint, nerve block or trigger point injections to relieve your pain and reduce inflammation.
- Nerve stimulation — Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) therapy or implanted peripheral nerve stimulation (PNS) devices deliver low-voltage electrical currents to relieve pain.
- Interventional spine procedures — We'll use procedures such as radiofrequency ablation, which uses heat to destroy tissue or sensory nerves that cause pain.
Advanced spine surgery and recovery
If your condition requires surgery, you may be eligible for minimally invasive surgery. Our team is able to stabilize joints, decompress pinched nerves, fuse bones or correct deformities through only a few, small incisions. With these techniques, you will benefit from less trauma to muscles and tissues, less pain and a faster recovery. Many patients go home within 48 hours after surgery.
Back surgeries we offer
Our expert spine surgeons perform traditional, open or minimally invasive surgeries, including:
- Disc replacement surgery — replaces a damaged disc with an artificial one
- Discectomy/microdiscectomy — removes all or part of the disc, the cushion between the vertebrae
- Foraminotomy — removes bone or tissue to open the space where the nerves leave the spinal canal
- Kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty — treats spinal fractures, ease pain and restore height
- Laminectomy or laminotomy — removes part of the backbone to relieve pressure on the spinal nerves
- Spinal fusion — increases spine stability by joining two vertebrae using bone grafts and sometimes implants, such as rods and screws
Spine surgery rehabilitation
Treatment at our spine surgery center does not end at surgery. You will return for follow-up appointments with your surgeon and rehabilitation from licensed therapists who specialize in spinal conditions.
Spine care at HCA Virginia
Spine specialists, who can be orthopedists or neurosurgeons, diagnose and treat injuries, trauma and diseases related to the spine. Spine care doctors also offer care for herniated disk, nerve damage, sciatica, neck pain or chronic back pain.Learn about Spine care
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center