Labor and delivery in Loudoun County, Virginia
COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
If you are an expectant mother in Loudoun County, the childbirth services team at StoneSprings Hospital Center offers the exceptional maternity care you deserve. We provide maternity care and childbirth services that support and celebrate your growing family, whether this is your first or fourth child.
For more information about StoneSprings Hospital Center's birth center or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (855) 226-7344 (DOCS).
Maternity classes and hospital tours
We understand you probably have many questions as you prepare for your baby’s arrival. This is why we include maternity classes and free hospital tours as part of our prenatal care program.
Our maternity classes provide you with the information and resources you need to prepare for birth and infant care. Additionally, a tour of our labor and delivery unit gives you a peek at our birthing suites and well-baby nursery, as well as provides an opportunity to ask questions about your upcoming hospital stay.
To sign up for a maternity class or tour, please register online or call Consult-A-Nurse line at (855) 226-7344.
Our birthing center
The birth center at StoneSprings Hospital Center is designed to enhance your comfort and minimize disruptions during labor and delivery. We offer:
- A spacious, comfortable labor experience in our maternity suites
- Advanced obstetric technology
- Dedicated obstetric resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for emergency cesarean sections (C-sections)
- Specially trained labor and delivery and neonatal nurses
- Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, where we care for babies born prematurely or with other health needs
- Midwifery care for women who want a low-intervention birth experience
- The option to bring a private doula for support
- Comfortable waiting areas and overnight sleeping accommodations for your partner
- Convenient parking in specially marked spots outside the main hospital entrance for expectant mothers and their families
- Daily visiting hours from 8:00am to 8:00pm (One support person 18 years old or older may stay with you overnight. Your baby's siblings may visit only if they are healthy)
If your baby needs a higher level of care than what our Level II NICU is equipped to provide after birth, we offer quick access to advanced-level NICUs within our family of hospitals in central Virginia.
Following your child’s birth, we provide the postpartum care and support you need to begin your recovery and life with your newborn.
Our family-focused care includes:
- One-on-one time with your baby—We practice couplet care, or rooming in, so you and your partner are able to get to know your baby in a private setting. This means that your baby will remain in the room with you at all times, even during most examinations. We offer daily “serenity hours” from 2:00pm to 4:00pm, so you and your baby have time to rest without any interruptions.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support—Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both mom and baby. All of our maternity nurses are trained in providing breastfeeding support immediately after birth and throughout your time at the hospital.
- Celebratory meal—We provide a made-to-order celebratory meal to honor your baby’s birth. We even have a special "Mommy Menu," which is designed to give your body the extra nutrition and support it needs to heal and/or breastfeed.
- Ongoing support and counseling—It is natural to feel overwhelmed by the challenges of motherhood, but you do not have to face them alone. We offer screening for postpartum depression and therapy services through our nearby sister facility, Dominion Hospital. If you need support now, call First Call at (703) 538-2872.
Within our birth center, we provide lactation support from certified lactation consultants (CLC) and international board-certified lactation consultants (IBCLC). Our experienced lactation consultants provide education, support and counseling to mothers before their child’s birth and throughout their breastfeeding journey.
Our lactation services include:
- Access to lactation services seven days a week
- Bedside consultation for new moms from a lactation consultant
- Ongoing support through telephone consultations and follow-ups
- Prenatal breastfeeding course
What to do when you're in labor
When you think you're in labor or your water breaks, call your obstetrician who will notify StoneSprings Hospital Center to prepare for your arrival. The main hospital entrance is open weekdays from 6:00am to 8:00pm. If it is closed, use the emergency room (ER) entrance. The labor and delivery unit is located on the second floor.
Labor and delivery at HCA Virginia
Just as every baby is unique, so is every delivery. As your partner in care, we provide a customized birthing experience that begins long before your first contraction and continues well after delivery.Learn about Labor and delivery