Gastroenterology care in Richmond, Virginia
Chippenham Hospital's board-certified gastroenterologists specialize in common and complex gastrointestinal (GI) issues. To do this, we offer a wide range of services, including everything from colonoscopies and endoscopies to polyp removal and gastrointestinal surgery. Whether you are experiencing minor discomfort or require treatment for a chronic illness, your comfort and care are always our main priorities. From your first appointment throughout your treatment, our goal is to have you feeling better as soon as possible.
For more information about Chippenham Hospital's gastroenterology team, please call our Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627.
Gastroenterology conditions we treat
Our GI doctors treat a variety of disorders that impact your digestive tract, including:
- Abdominal wall conditions (inguinal and ventral hernias)
- Colon polyps
- Crohn's disease
- Endocrine conditions (thyroid, parathyroid and adrenal)
- Esophageal disease (achalasia)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- GI cancers
- Hemorrhoids and related conditions
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
GI services offered
Our gastroenterologists will determine what tests and treatments you need. Your treatment may include:
- Endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection (EMR)
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophageal endoscopy (EGD)
- GI surgery
- Immunosuppressive drug infusions
- Polyp removal
On-site endoscopy suites
Endoscopic procedures use an endoscope, a flexible tube with a light and camera attached to it, to examine your digestive tract with real-time imaging via color TV monitor.
If your condition requires endoscopy for diagnosis or treatment, it will be performed in our dedicated endoscopy suites. These suites are separate from our traditional operating rooms. This dedicated area is where our team performs a variety of non-surgical procedures, such as bronchial thermoplasty, cancer staging and endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS).
Our doctors provide comprehensive services to prevent, detect and treat GI disorders. If it's determined that your condition requires surgery, our team will perform the operation at our sister facility, Johnston-Willis Hospital, where we offer an extensive colon and rectal surgery program.
Gastroenterology at HCA Virginia
Gastroenterology is the field of medicine relating to the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. Gastroenterologists focus on the treatment of diseases of the digestive system, this includes a range of organs starting at the mouth and ending at the rectum.Learn about Gastroenterology
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center