Emergency room (ER) in Dulles, Virginia
The ER at StoneSprings Hospital Center in Loudoun County offers you emergency care as quickly as possible. Our priority is making sure you receive the care you need quickly and that we provide it with the compassion and comfort you deserve. To do that, our ER doctors and specialists offer expert care, advanced surgeries and intensive services. We are also designated as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
When to visit the ER
Sometimes it can be hard to know when you are facing a medical emergency. If you aren't sure, follow the "better to be safe than sorry" rule and go to the ER. However, in general, consider going to the ER if you have:
- Chest pain—Especially if it occurs with sweating, shortness of breath, discomfort in other areas of the body or nausea/vomiting (If you experience these symptoms, call 911.)
- Concussion—Or any injury to the head if a concussion is or may be a possibility, especially if even brief loss of consciousness occurs or there is headache, vomiting or other symptoms of concussions
- Flu—Especially in high-risk populations such as infants and seniors, or anyone having trouble breathing, uncontrollable vomiting or severe dehydration
- Severe side pain—Especially in your lower right stomach, side or back, or if your pain is accompanied by fever, dizziness, constipation, diarrhea or blood in the urine
- Severe stomach pain—Especially if your stomach is hard or tender, you have persistent nausea or vomiting, your symptoms are accompanied by pain in the chest or shortness of breath, high fever or irregular heartbeat
- Trouble breathing—Especially if it involves wheezing, coughing up blood or is accompanied by pain in the chest, swelling in the limbs or high fever
What to expect at the ER
We do our best to make your visit to the ER as quick and comfortable as possible. We will be clear with you about what to expect when you get to the ER, and we encourage you to ask questions so you have the information you need.
Check the top of our website or text "ER" to 32222 to find out the wait times of the HCA Virginia ER closest to you.
Note: Message and data rates apply. ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only.
Emergency care at HCA Virginia
Emergency care is the treatment of emergent medical conditions. It is generally performed in an emergency room, but can also refer to treatment in an ambulance. Emergency medicine physicians may treat patients with injuries or infections, in addition to life-threatening conditions.Learn about Emergency care
- Chippenham Hospital
- Chippenham Pediatric ER
- Hanover Emergency Center
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Cave Spring ER
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Reston Pediatric ER
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Swift Creek ER
- TriCities ER
- West Creek Emergency Center