Breast imaging in Fredericksburg, Virginia
At Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, we know that breast cancer will affect one in eight women. This is why our goal is to help women maintain their breast health through education, breast cancer screening and, if necessary, treatment.
To learn more about Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's breast health services or to schedule an appointment for an exam, please call us at (866) 841-2355.
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center's mammography services are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Breast cancer screening
When breast cancer is found early, such as it may be during a routine mammogram, the likelihood of successful breast cancer treatment is higher. Because of this, we emphasize the importance of beginning annual mammograms at 40 years old (or earlier in some cases).
Women's breast health imaging services we offer
We offer a full range of imaging services for women, including:
- Bone density scan (bone health can be related to breast cancer)
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Breast ultrasound
- Digital mammography with computer-aided detection (CAD), including 3D mammograms, using breast pads for added comfort
- Minimally invasive image-guided biopsy and aspiration
- Stereotactic breast biopsy
A 3D mammogram (also known as tomosynthesis) allows your doctor to examine breast tissue one layer at a time. The 3D images also allow fine details within breast tissue to be more visible, making it easier to detect a tumor early.
Preparing for your mammogram
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your mammogram:
- Schedule your mammogram after your menstrual cycle, when the breasts are less tender.
- Wear a two-piece outfit so it's easy to only remove your top for the exam.
- Do not apply deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under the arms or near the breasts the day of your exam.
- Bring previous mammogram and/or breast ultrasound results with you.
- Let your mammographer know if there is a chance of pregnancy.
Breast health at HCA Virginia
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health
- Appomattox Imaging Center
- Chippenham Hospital
- Hanover Emergency Center
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Independence Park Imaging Center
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Breast Center
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Imaging Center - Brambleton
- LewisGale Imaging Center - Daleville
- LewisGale Imaging Center - Montgomery
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Women's Imaging Center