Breast health center in Richmond, Virginia
As part of our women's care program, Chippenham Hospital offers a range of services to help you maintain your breast health. Whether you visit us for your annual mammogram or follow-up care, we deliver compassionate, personalized care and strive to make your appointment convenient and comfortable.
To schedule an exam, please call our scheduling team at (804) 327-8706.
Our breast imaging services
We offer patient-focused services for the early detection of breast cancer and other abnormalities. Our breast care services include:
- Mammogram—a low-dose X-ray of your breasts that can show changes in breast tissue
- 3D mammograms—X-rays taken from multiple angles to create a 3D model of the breast, which makes fine details within breast tissue more visible
- Breast ultrasound—uses sound waves to capture images of the breast's internal structures
- Breast MRI—uses radio waves and strong magnets to detect cancer and other breast abnormalities that may not be seen on other tests
- Stereotactic breast biopsy—uses X-ray technology to guide the biopsy needle to the suspicious area, where a tissue sample is taken for analysis
Preparing for your mammogram
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your mammogram:
- Bring the previous mammogram and/or breast ultrasound results with you.
- Do not apply deodorant, talcum powder or lotion under the arms or near the breasts.
- Schedule your mammogram after your menstrual cycle, when the breasts are less tender.
- Wear a two-piece outfit to your appointment and leave jewelry at home.
Breast health at HCA Virginia
From regular checkups and screenings to the latest imaging technologies and treatments, you can access all our expert breast care services at our convenient location.Learn about Breast health