Behavioral health services in Fredericksburg, Virginia
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center offers a range of behavioral health care services to ensure patients get the care they need. For example, our hospital provides acute inpatient mental health care for adults (18 years and older) as well as geriatric patients.
Our behavioral health doctors develop an individualized plan of care for each patient. We prioritize safety, stabilization management, symptom reduction, patient empowerment and collaboration with outpatient treatment providers.
To learn more about our behavioral health services at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center, call our 24/7 behavioral health access line at (540) 498-4344.
Our mental health center
Our behavioral unit is made up of 28 beds and is supported by our licensed staff to offer you the comprehensive, personalized mental health care you need. Patient-centered treatment allows us to promote wellness and recovery while helping patients develop individual coping strategies and learn how to use community support after discharge.
We take every measure to ensure your ongoing recovery, including encouraging the support and care of loved ones. This includes evening visitation hours from 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Mental health treatments we offer
Our highly trained staff develops a recovery plan for each patient that is based on a mental, physical and social evaluation conducted soon after admission. Our plans focus on recovery from traumatic life events, so you can look to the future without being burdened from the past.
Elements of our recovery plans may include:
- A cognitive behavioral approach, identifying the triggers that can bring on a relapse and helping you find alternatives to those triggers
- Active psychiatric treatment with 24-hour access to a psychiatrist
- Activity therapy to get patients involved in social and skill-building activities, helping patients who have a hard time getting out of their room to socialize and feel like part of a community
- Collaboration with community providers during the course of treatment to ensure a smooth transition back into the community and to the next appropriate level of care
- Family and loved ones encouraged to serve as active members of the treatment team to foster positive outcomes for the individual
- Medication administration, education, management and monitoring, if clinically needed
- Ongoing contact with personal caretakers, medical staff and the facility of residence (where appropriate and for purposes of aftercare planning)
Types of mental health programs we provide
Some of the behavioral health programs and services we offer are:
- Behavior modification
- Chaplain services
- Discharge planning
- Group therapy sessions
- Nursing education
- Psycho-education groups
- Senior mental health care
- Supportive medical care
Understanding mental health emergencies
Mental health emergencies are medical emergencies. The emergency room (ER) at Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is readily available to provide the compassionate, stabilizing care you need. We offer additional support when you are stabilized through our behavioral health programs.
If you feel like you may be a danger to yourself or others, please seek emergency care or call 911.
Behavioral health at HCA Virginia
Behavioral health refers to the medical practice of taking care of patients’ mental health care. Mental health care refers to the treatment and care of diseases like depression, anxiety and many more. Treatment often involves some form of psychotherapy.Learn about Behavioral health
- Chippenham Hospital
- Choices Adolescent Outpatient Program – Chantilly
- Choices Adolescent Outpatient Program – Falls Church
- Choices Adult Outpatient Program – Falls Church
- Dominion Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growth
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reflections Eating Disorder Treatment Center - Northern Virginia
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Tucker Pavilion