Mental health services in Richmond, Virginia
Chippenham Hospital includes Tucker Pavilion, which has provided behavioral health services to central Virginia for more than a century. Here, our services include:
- 24-hour intake department for assessment and referrals
- A 137-bed inpatient acute psychiatric hospital
- Adult and geriatric behavioral health units
- Child and adolescent behavioral health unit
If you think you or a loved one may be in crisis, call Tucker Pavilion's 24-hour behavioral health access line at (804) 483-0050.
Our behavioral health care center
Tucker Pavilion provides patients with high-quality care by using innovative and personalized therapeutic services. We provide this care in safe, healthy, confidential and calming environments. Additionally, our physicians and staff excel in identifying and treating mental health and wellness. They develop personalized recovery plans and provide care for patients of all ages.
Our mental health programs
We provide a full range of mental health services for children and teens as well as adults and geriatric patients. Our offerings include:
- Inpatient programs
- Outpatient programs
- Intensive outpatient program (IOP) for both adults and adolescents
- Short-term partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) for teens and adults
Our approach to mental wellness
To meet each person's unique needs and ensure progress is made, our inpatient recovery team evaluates progress daily and includes professionals from multiple disciplines. This enables us to provide a wide range of services, including medical care, therapies, discharge planning, education groups and advanced treatment methods, such as electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).
Behavioral health care specialists
Your primary treatment team members communicate daily to identify strengths, progress toward treatment goals and provide continuing care needs.
In addition to an attending psychiatrist, your treatment team members include:
- Expressive therapists
- Clinical care managers
- Nursing staff
- Primary care physicians
- Social workers
- Specialty physicians, as clinically indicated
Mental health disorders we treat
We are committed to providing high-quality mental health services, including comprehensive treatment for common conditions, such as:
- Dual diagnosis (co-occurring substance abuse and mental illness)
- Substance abuse
Maternal addiction treatment
Substance abuse and addiction, whether it involves drugs or alcohol, is exceptionally challenging for pregnant women. It can contribute to high-risk pregnancy and lead to many complications for moms and babies, such as neonatal abstinence syndrome (NAS).
To help with this particularly difficult and complex situation, we offer a special maternal addiction treatment program as part of our prenatal care. Our support teams will deliver compassionate, careful care to help you and baby get as healthy as possible.
Our community partners
We work closely with community partners, including The Jason Foundation, which is dedicated to the prevention of the "silent epidemic" of youth suicide. Together, we offer educational and awareness programs. We support the foundation's mission to equip young people, educators, youth workers and parents with tools and resources to help identify and assist at-risk youth.
Behavioral health at HCA Virginia
Behavioral health refers to the medical practice of taking care of patients’ mental health care. Mental health care refers to the treatment and care of diseases like depression, anxiety and many more. Treatment often involves some form of psychotherapy.Learn about Behavioral health
- Chippenham Hospital
- Choices Adolescent Outpatient Program – Chantilly
- Choices Adolescent Outpatient Program – Falls Church
- Choices Adult Outpatient Program – Falls Church
- Dominion Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growth
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reflections Eating Disorder Treatment Center - Northern Virginia
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center
- Tucker Pavilion