Level I Trauma Center in Richmond, Virginia
If you are critically injured, Chippenham Hospital’s Level I Trauma Center in central Virginia is here to deliver the best possible care. In these types of traumatic situations, this care can make the difference between life and death. Specifically, if you are treated within an hour of your incident — referred to as the "golden hour" — your chances of survival increase. That is why our specially trained physicians, surgeons and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the critical attention you need 24/7.
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Our Level I Trauma Center provides a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients.
Some of the services we provide include:
- A comprehensive team of trauma-trained and board-certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, advanced surgery, intensive care and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the trauma center or another medical center, if necessary
A comprehensive program to regularly review our care standards based on
national standards published by the
American College of Surgeons
American College of Emergency Physician
- A program to evaluate quality and provide ongoing staff education to ensure we continue to provide high-quality care to the community
- A community outreach program
If you aren't certain about a critical care situation, contact a nurse 24/7 at (804) 320-3627
Streamlined, coordinated trauma care
Your survival often depends on your emergency medical services (EMS) provider’s ability to rapidly evaluate your injuries and determine the appropriate place for you to receive trauma care. That is why we work closely with our EMS partners to provide critical care before you even arrive at our hospital.
Our emergency care partners
Our EMS partners have knowledge and experience in trauma care, allowing them to make split-second, life-saving decisions. Working with them enables us to best anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs.
Our EMS provider partners include:
- Amelia Ambulance Service
- Ashcake Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Ashland Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Bensley Bermuda Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Charles City County Volunteer Fire Department
- Chesterfield Gov
- Defense Supply Center Richmond
- Delta Medical Transport
- Dupont Teijin Films
- Dupont MERT - Chesterfield
- East Hanover Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Emergency Training Systems Inc.
- Ettrick-Matoaca Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Forest View Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Forest Ambulance Service
- Goochland Fire and Rescue
- Hanover County Fire and EMS
- Henrico County Division of Fire
- Henrico Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Lakeside Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Manchester Volunteer Rescue Squad
- New Kent Fire, Rescue, and Emergency Management
- Powhatan Volunteer Fire Department
- Powhatan Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Priority 1 Ambulance Service
- Providence Forge Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Richmond Ambulance Authority
- Richmond Fire and Emergency Services
- Richmond Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Tuckahoe Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Virginia Dragway, Inc.
- Virginia State Police - Med Flight 1
- West Hanover Volunteer Rescue Squad
Trauma center at HCA Virginia
Trauma centers provide highly-trained physicians, specialists, critical care nurses and support staff who are available around the clock to care for your most serious healthcare needs. Trauma centers often provide burn care for individuals suffering from minor to severe burns.Learn about Trauma center