Inpatient rehabilitation center in Loudoun County
When you need help recovering from surgery, injury or another health setback, StoneSprings Hospital Center's rehabilitation therapists are here to help. Our inpatient rehabilitation program involves one-on-one education, training and support every step of the way on your road to recovery. Our team will customize a rehabilitative care plan for you to maximize your independence, restore function and return you to your everyday life as soon as possible.
For more information about StoneSprings Hospital Center's rehabilitation services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627.
Inpatient physical therapy and rehab services
Our inpatient therapy and rehabilitation treatments include:
- Balance training: This type of therapy focuses on muscle coordination problems and symptoms (such as dizziness) of balance and inner ear disorders.
- Ergonomics education and training: Our team will educate you on controlling pain and preventing re-injury by reducing stressors related to repetitive activities.
- Neurological rehabilitation: Neurological rehab helps patients recover from brain and nervous system conditions, such as strokes, multiple sclerosis and spinal cord injuries.
- Occupational therapy: This type of therapy focuses on improving daily activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating and home management.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation: In collaboration with our orthopedic care program, we offer specialized therapy services to help patients recover after a joint replacement surgery or other orthopedic procedure.
- Orthotics, assistive technology and adaptive equipment: We help determine if any equipment is necessary to relieve pain and regain independence.
- Physical therapy: Our physical therapists provide a variety of treatments to preserve and strengthen muscle and motor function.
- Speech and language therapy: Retrain and improve speech and address swallowing concerns related to injury, surgery or a neuromuscular condition.
Speech and language therapy focuses on improving deficits with cognition, impaired speech, swallowing difficulty, and aphasias! Our certified therapists develop plans including improving memory, attending to tasks and communicating.
We use modified barium swallow studies to create the most effective treatment plan for speech and swallowing disorders.
Outpatient swallow studies may be conducted by appointment only, Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
To schedule a swallow study, please call (571)-349-4106.
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HCA Virginia
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center