Rehabilitation centers in Northern Virginia
Reston Hospital Center offers one of the most sophisticated inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs in the area. Our rehabilitation team offers advanced, integrated therapies and services for patients with a variety of diagnoses.
Outpatient therapy is provided at our on-site Reston Therapy & Fitness Center. Inpatient therapy is offered in our hospital's Inpatient Rehabilitation Center. In both locations, our rehabilitation specialists have a successful record of helping patients of all abilities recover, regain skills and improve quality of life as quickly as possible.
For more information about Reston Hospital Center's rehabilitation services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (877) 689-3627.
Physical rehabilitation services
Our rehab centers in northern Virginia offer:
- Advanced care with a personal touch: Because our program is hospital-based, you benefit from a therapy or exercise program tailored to your specific healthcare needs—backed by our full-service hospital.
- Certified therapists working with you: Our therapists are certified in a variety of specialties, including hand therapy and knee physical therapy.
- Convenient location: Inpatient therapy and outpatient therapy services are offered on Reston Hospital Center's main campus, near Reston Town Center.
- Comprehensive rehabilitative care: We offer physical, occupational and speech therapy services, as well as sports injury rehabilitation, in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Facilities dedicated to rehabilitative care: Our rehab centers feature advanced equipment to promote a healthy, speedy recovery. For example, our inpatient rehab facility offers a practice staircase and car to help patients get confident in real-life settings.
- Individualized treatment plans: We offer dynamic, customized and one-on-one evaluation, training, rehabilitation and performance enhancement programs.
We use special exams to aid in the treatment of speech and swallowing disorders. If you have already met with our staff and they have recommended a swallow study, please call (703) 689-9310 to schedule the exam.
Inpatient rehabilitation at our Inpatient Rehabilitation Center
Reston Hospital's Inpatient Rehabilitation Center was designed to help you recover as quickly and safely as possible following a traumatic injury, surgery or medical diagnosis.
This rehab facility is an 18-bed unit located on the third floor of the main hospital. All rooms are private, and each is equipped with a walk-in shower, grab bars and adaptive equipment for toileting and grooming, including sinks and toilets that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Inpatient rehabilitation begins as soon as possible while you are still in the hospital. If additional therapies are necessary after discharge, we can provide outpatient rehabilitation through Reston Therapy & Fitness Center.
For more information about inpatient rehab, please call our inpatient rehab admissions team at (703) 949-9650.
Inpatient rehab services
Our inpatient rehabilitation and therapy services include:
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopedic rehabilitation
- Physical therapy
- Pulmonary (lung) rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
Neurological rehabilitation helps patients recover functions and independence after a neurological event, such as a stroke, brain surgery or spinal cord injury. Our orthopedic specialists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and neurological care staff work together to create a care plan personalized to your needs.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation program is designed for patients with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our pulmonary therapists, physical therapists and respiratory specialists work with you to improve lung function and focus on your long-term health.
Inpatient rehab admissions
If you believe you may benefit from any of our inpatient rehabilitation programs, please call our inpatient rehab admissions team at (703) 949-9650.
One of our staff members will conduct a free evaluation to determine if one or more of our programs is a good fit for your road to recovery.
Outpatient rehab at Reston Therapy & Fitness Center
Reston Therapy & Fitness Center offers comprehensive outpatient rehab services, including:
- Medically supervised exercise
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech therapy
To schedule an appointment for outpatient therapy, please call our outpatient rehab team at (703) 689-9250.
Medically supervised fitness
Improved fitness and muscle strength are essential to recovering from illnesses and injuries, yet traditional exercise facilities aren't equipped to address the unique health needs of each individual. That is why Reston Therapy & Fitness Center offers medically supervised fitness.
Through this personalized program, we can help you transition from physical therapy to a home exercise program or your normal gym routine.
The medically supervised fitness program can help patients with numerous conditions, such as:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Low back pain
- Multiple sclerosis
Features of our medically supervised fitness program
Traditional fitness facilities often provide minimal assistance when it comes to helping you create an exercise plan, learn to use equipment and track your progress. This type of guidance and expertise is exactly what our medically supervised fitness program offers, featuring:
- A fitness program that is specific to your medical conditions and needs
- A medical evaluation, fitness assessment and constant re-evaluations for progress
- One-on-one training for individuals who cannot exercise on their own or for those who would like direct supervision
- Supervision by an exercise physiologist who tracks specific vitals and exercise progression
Outpatient rehab admissions
Outpatient therapy requires a physician referral and takes place at Reston Therapy & Fitness Center. If you will be participating in exercise, the referral should state you have medical clearance for exercise.
For more information or to schedule an outpatient therapy appointment, please call (703) 689-9250.
Outpatient rehab hours
Reston Therapy & Fitness Center's hours of operation are:
- Monday through Thursday—6:30am to 7:30pm
- Friday—6:30am to 3:00pm
Our occupational therapy (OT) program focuses on improving your daily activities and regaining physical independence. Our occupational therapists assist with helping you relearn skills for daily living, like bathing, toileting and personal hygiene. We can also help determine if assistive devices or adjustments are necessary at home.
Our speech therapists develop the proper rehabilitation plan in the effort to help you reach your highest motor, neurological and overall oral capabilities. We provide a wide range of services to help you achieve the highest possible level of speech and swallowing abilities:
- Aphasia: Focusing on reading, writing, speaking, comprehension, word finding and math skills
- Cognition and memory: Developing strategies for patients to improve attention, problem solving and memory
- Facial weakness: Emphasizing the movement and coordination of weakened facial muscles in therapy to improve the quality of speech
- Swallowing: Modified barium swallow studies (MBS), also called videofluoroscopy, to analyze a patient’s swallowing biomechanics; Swallowing exercises and patient education on identifying appropriate diet textures, improving swallow abilities and reducing the risk of aspiration
- Voice: Improving an individual’s vocal quality, reducing vocal cord abuse, managing nodules, optimizing breathing patterns and increasing speaking volume
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HCA Virginia
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center