Physical therapy and rehabilitation specialists in Richmond, Virginia
Parham Doctors' Hospital offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation and therapy services. Our rehabilitation programs are designed to help you relieve pain, restore function and regain strength following an injury or illness. Your care in these programs will be provided by certified therapists with special training in a range of condition-specific therapies. They take time to personalize your therapy regimen to your needs and condition to maximize your treatment.
For more information about Parham Doctors' Hospital's rehabilitation services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627 (DOCS).>
Our therapy and rehabilitation services
We offer inpatient and outpatient therapy services, including:
- Hand therapy
- Neurological rehabilitation
- Occupational therapy
- Orthopedic therapy
- Physical therapy
- Pulmonary rehabilitation
- Speech and swallowing therapy
- Sports rehabilitation
- Vestibular therapy
Parham Doctors' Hospital's neurological rehabilitation program helps patients recover from traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, strokes and neurological disorders and diseases. Our neurorehabilitation specialists help with neurodevelopment and neuromuscular retraining to maximize independence and restore function.
We provide pulmonary rehabilitation for patients with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our team of respiratory specialists work with you to create a personalized care plan for your long-term health. We offer a wide range of therapies to help restore normal breathing patterns and improve your quality of life.
As part of our sports medicine program, we implement physical therapy to restore strength, movement and endurance. We may use this as a first line of treatment after an injury or following surgery. Our multidisciplinary team uses a customized treatment plan to help you manage pain and prevent further damage or re-injury.
The Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at Parham Doctors' Hospital is Richmond's premier location for inpatient rehabilitation. Our 36-bed unit is located on the fourth floor of the main hospital and includes 25 private rooms and six semiprivate rooms.
Each room in the unit has a walk-in shower, grab bars and adaptive equipment for toileting and grooming, including sinks and toilets that comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
For more information about inpatient rehabilitation or admissions, please call the Inpatient Rehabilitation Center at (804) 545-4908.
Features of our inpatient rehabilitation program
The inpatient rehabilitation program provides one-on-one treatment and comprehensive services, including:
- Anti-gravity mobility training
- Cognitive assessment and treatment
- Constraint-induced therapy
- Family and caregiver education and training
- Inpatient rehabilitation therapy gym
- Lymphedema therapy
- Nutrition counseling
- Pain management
- Pet/animal-assisted therapy
- Relaxation therapy groups
- Spasticity management
- Wound care
Inpatient rehabilitation therapy gym
Our 3,000 square-foot inpatient rehabilitation therapy gym features:
- Car simulator
- Equipment for overall endurance and strength training
- Eye movement communication system
- Fully functioning kitchen
- Gravity-reduced strengthening for arm/hand dexterity
- Gravity-reduced weight bearing/strengthening for the legs
- Neuromuscular stimulation for the hands, arms, shoulders or legs
- Synergy-assisted strengthening for the hands
- Television touch screen for neurological retraining
- Tone stabilizing equipment
- Virtual reality training
- Vital stimulation swallowing treatment
- Weight supporting track system for standing/walking
The Rehabilitation Center at Parham Doctors' Hospital offers outpatient therapy and rehabilitation services as well as:
- Fall assessments
- Functional manual medicine
- Movement system impairment
- Running and gait analysis
- Work injury rehabilitation
To schedule an appointment for outpatient therapy, please call the Rehabilitation Center at (804) 545-4952.
Outpatient rehabilitation admissions and appointments
A physician's order is required to participate in our outpatient rehabilitation programs. Some insurance providers may require preauthorization.
To schedule an appointment, please call (804) 545-4952.
Please bring your signed physician's order, insurance card, photo ID and any splints or exercise devices you may already have to your first appointment.
Our outpatient rehabilitation center is located at:
Medical Office Building 2, Suite 120
7650 E. Parham Road
Richmond, VA 23294
Physical therapy and rehabilitation at HCA Virginia
Rehabilitation refers to the process of helping a patient recover from a serious injury or illness. Patients often have to regain strength and learn new ways of completing normal, daily activities. Physical therapy, a branch of rehabilitation, focuses on building strength and mobility after disease, injury or surgery.Learn about Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center