Pediatric bone specialists in Richmond, Virginia
Our pediatric orthopedists at Chippenham Hospital understand the unique needs of children with bone and joint injuries and disorders. That is why our team provides a comfortable, child-friendly environment in which we diagnosis and treat your child.
For more information about Chippenham Hospital's pediatric orthopedic services or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627 (DOCS).
Our pediatric orthopedic care program
Our pediatric orthopedics program offers kids and parents a full range of orthopedic services. The program features:
- Care in a full-service hospital — If your child needs surgery, they'll be at a hospital that has all the services and amenities they need for a comfortable recovery.
- Fellowship trained, board-certified specialists — Your child's care is provided by board-certified doctors and other clinicians specially trained in orthopedic surgery, sports medicine and neurosurgery.
- Comprehensive care in one place — We use advanced imaging services and diagnostic testing to evaluate and diagnose orthopedic conditions. Our hospital also offers both inpatient and outpatient orthopedic rehabilitation. This means your child can get diagnostics, treatment and therapy in one place, from one team.
- Compassionate team committed to your health — Our surgeons, nurses, physical therapists and other specialists are dedicated to helping your child get better, faster.
Pediatric orthopedic emergency care
Broken bones are painful, and it takes a special touch to make a child in pain feel better. When your child has an orthopedic emergency, you can bring them to our pediatric emergency room (ER), a cheerful space designed just for kids. Here, board-certified physicians and specialists are available 24/7, ready to deliver high-quality care to every child.
Pediatric orthopedic surgery
Learning that your child needs surgery is difficult for even the most seasoned parents, and kids are often frightened about surgery just thinking about it. That is why from the minute you and your child enter our hospital, we will do our best to make you all feel comfortable.
One technique we use to put your child at ease includes starting the IV line after your child is already under anesthesia. Our operating teams also specialize in working with kids, so they know how to soothe even the most anxious children. Additionally, we have "Hoppymobiles" — small cars for your child to drive themselves to surgery.
Pediatric orthopedic inpatient care
Families play one of the most important roles in a child's medical care team. In part, this is because you know your child better than anyone, so we want to be sure you understand and agree with their care plan. Our pediatric hospitalists, nurses and other specialists will communicate and work with you on a daily basis. We also share all test results and treatment plans so you can make informed decisions about what is best for your child.
Pediatric orthopedic conditions we treat
Our pediatric orthopedists diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Adolescent bunions
- Benign bone growths, including osteochondroma
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital (present at birth) disorders
- Fractures, including growth plate fractures
- Hand and foot disorders
- Tarsal coalition
- Trigger thumb
- Hip disorders
- Perthes disease
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
- Knee injuries and knee pain
- Leg deformities
- Leg-length inequality
- Skeletal dysplasias
- Spine disorders and injuries
- Sports injuries