Bone and joint center in Reston, Virginia
Joint pain can limit your mobility and function and keep you from doing what you love, but the skilled orthopedic surgeons at Reston Hospital Center can help. They are experts in arthritis and joint pain relief. Using advanced technology, they will identify the cause of your pain and provide the most effective care. From physical therapy to minimally invasive and robotic-assisted total joint replacement, our entire team is focused on helping you get back to a life without joint pain.
For more information about Reston Hospital Center's joint care services, you can reach one of our nurses 24/7 by calling (877) 689-3627.
Comprehensive joint care
At our award winning Total Joint Center, our team works together to provide high-quality care, offering:
- Board-certified orthopedic specialists. Your care comes from board-certified joint specialists. Most of our surgeons are also fellowship trained in their field.
- Excellent joint replacement outcomes. Our complication rate and time in the hospital after surgery beat the national averages. This means our patients are recovering faster, feeling better and going home sooner. In fact, 92 percent of our patients are up and walking within hours of their joint replacement procedure.
- Facilities dedicated to joint replacement care. Our renovated state-of-the-art operating suites and an entire hospital wing are dedicated to our joint replacement patients. This includes private patient rooms and a physical therapy gym with a practice staircase and car to help establish confidence in your new joint before you go home.
- Free valet parking for hospital services. As part of our commitment to making your procedure and care more convenient, we offer free valet parking at Pavilion II, weekdays from 5:00am to 8:00pm.
Nurse navigator for total joint replacement
We offer patients access to a dedicated Total Joint Nurse Navigator to help guide you through the process and coordinate your care. Our navigator can help address any questions or concerns regarding your care.
Total joint nurse navigator — Elizabeth McClelland BSN, RN, ONC
Our total joint nurse navigator assists patients throughout their entire continuum of care—from the time their joint replacement surgery is scheduled to their follow up with their personal physician. Elizabeth assists with education, introduces you to key team members involved in your surgery and serves as both an advocate and resource. She is here to help answer those difficult questions that come up before and after your procedure.
To speak with our total joint nurse navigator, call (703) 689-9021.
Common causes of joint pain
Typical reasons patients experience chronic joint pain include:
- Arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Broken bones
- Injuries, including stress or overuse injuries
- Joint dislocation
- Lyme disease
- Sprains or strains
Health Risk Assessment
Find out how healthy your joints are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments
Joint pain treatment
Our orthopedists provide the comprehensive bone and joint care you need to overcome your chronic joint pain or arthritis. After performing various imaging tests, we will typically begin by offering non-surgical therapies before considering minimally invasive procedures.
Our services include:
- Arthritis treatment
- Corticosteroid injections
- Joint replacement surgeries
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
Advanced total joint replacement surgery
When other treatments don't provide joint pain relief, joint replacement surgery may be your best option. That is why we offer a joint replacement program, which includes innovative services and comprehensive care before, during and after surgery.
We offer knee, hip and shoulder replacement surgeries, performing more than 1,000 joint replacement procedures each year.
Joint Replacement Videos
Travel Concierge Guide: For out-of-town patients and family members
Reston Hospital Center is proud to offer an array of nationally recognized surgical services including one of the region’s most comprehensive robot-assisted surgery programs.
For family members of patients traveling from out-of-town or internationally, we have developed a travel concierge guide to help alleviate any additional stresses or concerns during you visit. Please utilize our helpful guide to schedule your stay in our beautiful city of Reston, Virginia.
Joint care at HCA Virginia
Doctors specializing in joint care, called orthopedists, diagnose and treat problems related to your joints. They treat injuries related to bones, shoulders, knees and hips and relieve pain with joint rehabilitation or replacement. You may need to see them if you have strains, sprains, arthritis or chronic joint pain.Learn about Joint care