Heart and vascular specialists in Reston, Virginia
With board-certified cardiologists, an Accredited Chest Pain Center and advanced technology, Reston Hospital Center provides high-quality cardiovascular services to our community. This includes screenings, diagnosis, treatment and follow-up programs, ensuring you have leading-edge heart care with a personal touch.
For more information about Reston Hospital Center's cardiology services, you can reach one of our nurses 24/7 by calling (877) 689-3627.
We are the only Accredited Chest Pain Center in northern Virginia certified by the American College of Cardiology. This designation means our facility meets or exceeds quality-of-care measures for acute coronary syndrome patients.
Heart health and conditions we treat
Our heart and vascular experts treat a wide range of cardiovascular conditions, including:
- Acute coronary syndrome (ACS)
- Atherosclerosis (disease of the blood vessels)
- Chronic venous insufficiency
- Congenital (present at birth) heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart attack and chest pain (angina)
- Heart arrhythmias (heart rhythm disorders)
- Heart failure, including congestive heart failure
- Hemodialysis access
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Peripheral artery disease
- Stroke (cerebrovascular accident)
- Valve disease (including aortic stenosis)
- Vascular malformations
- Varicose veins
Heart attack treatment
Every minute matters during a heart attack. From the moment you feel chest pain, our heart experts make swift and collaborative decisions about your care. Additionally, through our close relationships with local emergency medical services (EMS) providers, we start caring for your heart before you even reach the hospital.
When you do arrive, our cardiac catheterization laboratory staffs skilled specialists 24/7 to open blocked arteries. Here, we can stop a heart attack in its tracks with medication, cardiac stenting or angioplasty (percutaneous coronary intervention).
Heart disease treatment
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in women and men, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Our goal is to lower that statistic. To do that, our expert cardiologists and cardiac specialists help patients better understand their heart disease and receive proper treatment, so they can manage their condition more effectively.
Heart disease in women
Heart disease often goes under-diagnosed in women because symptoms may differ from those in men and can easily be overlooked. That's why we emphasize the importance of early detection—for women but also for men—through a variety of screening and imaging tests. In this way, we help diagnose and treat heart disease as soon as possible.
Heart disease risk factors
Anyone can develop heart disease, however, having the following puts you at higher risk for developing the disease:
- Family history of heart disease
- History of smoking
- Hyperlipidemia (high fat levels in the blood)
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
The veins and arteries are an important part of the cardiovascular system, transporting blood and oxygen throughout the body to keep it healthy. We provide comprehensive care for your heart, arteries and veins.
We perform a wide range of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures including cardiac catheterization, angioplasty and electrophysiology studies. Additionally, we offer hypothermia therapy to reduce organ damage following cardiac arrest.
Advanced cardiac catheterization lab
Reston Hospital Center's cardiac catheterization lab (cath lab) is equipped with a fully digital system. It gives our specialists the comprehensive tools they need for critical diagnostic and interventional procedures.
During cardiac catheterization, a thin catheter is inserted into an artery, usually in your wrist or groin, and guided through your artery. The procedure may be used as a diagnostic tool to diagnose heart disease or as an interventional tool, including as a way to break up a blood clot during a heart attack.
Cath lab technology
Designed to ensure optimal patient safety and comfort, our cardiac cath lab technology enables precision positioning at high speeds, which minimizes the procedure time. Some of this technology includes:
- A digital, advanced X-ray system designed for precise cardiac imaging and patient comfort
- A built-in, 64-slice, low-dose computed tomography (CT) scanner which produces 3D images of the heart and blood vessels for extreme accuracy during procedures
- Advanced, open magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)—in fact, we offer the only 3T MRI in northern Virginia—which provides high-speed, high-definition imaging
Heart and vascular surgery
When advanced surgery is necessary, such as open heart surgery, we partner with the renowned cardiovascular surgical team at Washington Hospital Center's Heart & Vascular Institute. This partnership allows for a seamless referral process and emergency transport service when open heart surgery is needed.
Other cardiovascular services we offer
Our cardiovascular specialists offer a wide range of heart and vascular services and treatments, including:
- Cardiac assist devices
- Cardiovascular, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar screenings
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Carotid artery procedures
- Deep venous thrombosis (DVT) treatment
- Emergency heart care
- Electrophysiology studies
- Heart screening and imaging
- Hypothermia therapy to reduce organ damage following cardiac arrest
- Inpatient intensive care for heart patients
- Interventional radiology procedures
- Minimally invasive heart surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Lower extremity angioplasty, stents and bypass procedures
Cardiology at HCA Virginia
Cardiology is the medical treatment of the heart and parts of the circulatory system as they relate to the heart. Cardiologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to the cardiovascular system.Learn about Cardiology
- Chippenham Hospital
- Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- John Randolph Medical Center
- Johnston-Willis Hospital
- LewisGale Hospital Alleghany
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery
- LewisGale Hospital Pulaski
- LewisGale Medical Center
- Parham Doctors’ Hospital
- Reston Hospital Center
- Retreat Doctors' Hospital
- Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
- StoneSprings Hospital Center