Cancer support resources in Northern Virginia
When it comes to cancer care, we understand you need more than just treatment options. That's why in addition to personalized oncology services and our expert oncology staff, we offer a wide range of cancer support services to help you heal.
Compassionate cancer support
We provide you with continued cancer care—from diagnosis through suvrvivorship. To do this, we offer a wide range of complementary cancer resources and services to offer ongoing support throughout your cancer journey.
Cancer support groups
Each month, you can participate in support groups geared to your individual needs. One of our most popular support groups is With Friends. This monthly support group for women with breast cancer is available to women in all stages of diagnosis, treatment and recovery.
The group meets the first Wednesday of each month from 6:30pm to 8:00pm at Reston Hospital's Center's Women's Imaging Center (1860 Town Center Parkway, Suite 400). For more information or to sign up, please contact our breast care nurse navigator at (703) 639-9494.
Additionally, our oncology social worker can assist you in finding other support groups in the area for a variety of cancer types. For more information, contact our oncology social worker at (703) 639-9579.
Cancer survivorship support
Our cancer survivorship support team will help you plan for the next phase of life, whether your life returns to the way it was prior to your diagnosis or you face a new normal.
We can help you address concerns about your physical health, emotional well-being or finances to help you move forward productively. We also offer rehabilitation services to help restore your quality of life.
We believe in the benefits of cancer education and awareness for our community. Because of this, you are likely to find us in your neighborhood participating in local cancer support events, such as:
- American Cancer Society's Relay for Life
- Events held by local cancer support organizations, such as the StepSisters and the IIIB’s Foundation
- Health fairs, seminars and low-cost screenings
- Partnership with the Tigerlily Foundation supporting young women with cancer
- Pink Bake Sale Fundraiser at Reston Hospital Center to support breast cancer awareness
- Runway to the Cure, supporting breast cancer patients and research
- The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Light the Night walk
- The Lung Cancer Alliance’s Shine a Light on Lung Cancer vigil
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure