Adult Mental Health Services in Central Virginia
At Tucker Pavilion at Chippenham Hospital, doctors, nurses, mental health technicians, and other medical professionals work together to help adult patients reach their mental health and treatment goals.
Adult mental health treatments
Our services include inpatient stabilization and individualized recovery plans that make safety and stabilization top priorities.
LEVELS OF CARE
- acute crisis stabilization
- medication adjustments
- concern for safety
- step-down for continued support and recovery
- minor medication changes and support
- alternative to inpatient stays for those not needing acute stabilization
- Monday through Friday
Intensive Outpatient Program:
- step-down from Partial Program or Inpatient
- support and skill-building
- emotional wellness
- individualized recovery plans
Upon admission, members of the treatment team gather information from the patient and the parent/legal guardian to complete the following assessments:
- Patient strengths
- General physical health
We also measure ongoing programming and progress based on response during:
- Community/reflection meetings
- Patient goal setting/progress
- Sleep assessment
- Group discussion on mental wellness topics such as emotions, coping, family, social skills, and symptom management
- Therapeutic exercise
- Journal assignments
- Pet therapy
- Leisure and quiet times
Prior to Discharge
Aftercare planning begins on admission. Outpatient plans will be arranged prior to discharge. An adult partial hospitalization program is available as a step-down from our inpatient care program for those who need additional structure and support.
We also offer an outpatient short-term Partial Program for adults.
This program provides a flexible treatment option for those who need intensive outpatient support, an evaluation by a psychiatrist, or a gradual transition from an inpatient setting. Treatment is during the
day, and patients have the convenience of being at home with loved ones in the evening.
The program is designed to help patients who:
- Experience behavioral or emotional difficulties
- Have symptoms of depression or anxiety
- Need to develop coping skills and manage stress
- May have recently had an inpatient psychiatric admission and need stepdown to a structured support program
Intensive Outpatient Program
Mental Health Adult Intensive Outpatient Program partners with individuals:
- to improve coping skills, manage stress, and facilitate recovery.
- by using an evidence-based approach that combines group therapy and individualized treatment.
Our goal is to help individuals balance school, family, and work while learning effective tools to cope with disruptive symptoms.
Mental Health Adult Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to help individuals:
- between the ages 13 of and 17
- who are experiencing behavioral or emotional difficulties
- have symptoms of depression, anxiety, and/or other obstacles when functioning in everyday situations
- who have achieved stabilization through Partial Program, but need continued care
- who need an increase in support and structure from their weekly outpatient therapy