HCA Virginia proudly employs and partners with the best providers and primary care physicians near Richmond, VA. Many offer same-day services, such as sick visits, extended weekday and weekend hours, and on-site laboratory processing. All of the providers and primary care physicians in our network offer high-quality, personalized care, and work closely with our hospitals and imaging centers if your condition requires more specialized attention.
HCA Virginia offers a full range of care for patients of all ages and life stages while connecting you with more specialty providers and primary care physicians than any other healthcare system in the Richmond area.
HCA Virginia Physicians
HCA Virginia's providers and primary care physicians offer a wide range of preventive and medical care services, including:
- Complete physical exams
- Wellness and preventive medicine
- Same-day sick visits
- Disease prevention and treatment
- Well-woman care
- Newborn and pediatric care
- Geriatric counseling and services
- School and sports physicals
- Pre-operative exams
- Family planning services
- Chronic disease management
Different types of primary care physicians offer different services and areas of specialization. Your stage of life and medical needs will help you determine which is right for you, but here is a quick reference guide to help you get started:
- Pediatricians: These doctors specialize in the treatment of infants, children and adolescents, generally through the age of 19. HCA Virginia’s pediatricians provide care for the entire pediatric patient continuum, including giving immunizations, administering inpatient hospital care, conducting newborn hospital evaluations and conducting same-day sick visits, school physicals and well-child annual check-ups.
- Family practitioners: These doctors treat a wide range of medical concerns for patients of all ages and life stages – from infancy through adulthood. HCA Virginia’s family practitioners are experts at preventive wellness, health maintenance exams and health education. They possess a broad knowledge base, treat many common problems and diagnose acute and chronic illnesses. Our family practitioners also supervise and coordinate issues requiring complex care, including arranging appropriate referrals for specialty care when necessary.
- Internal medicine/internists: Internal medicine practitioners (also called internists) care for adolescents and adults (18 years and older in some practices; 16 years and older in other practices) by coordinating overall medical care while managing acute medical problems. HCA Virginia’s internists perform regular preventive health maintenance exams and screening tests. They are trained to deal with all medical problems and, similar to family practitioners, are equipped to determine when a referral for specialty care is necessary.
Building a trusting relationship with your provider or primary care physician is one of the most important things you can do to optimize your health. When choosing a primary care physician, ask:
- Is the office in a convenient location?
- Do the office hours work with my schedule?
- How easy is it to reach my doctor?
- Can I schedule my visit online?
- Can I pay my bill online?
- Is the office taking new patients right away?
- Will the doctor refer me to specialists for more focused care?
- Does the doctor invite me to be involved with my care?
HCA Virginia’s hospital network provides you with Consult-A-Nurse, a free service that connects you with an RN or referral specialist to help you.
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare and referral questions
- Register for classes and events
Call Consult-A-Nurse at (804) 320-DOCS or (804) 320-3627.
Find a doctor
You can also search online for a doctor by name, specialty, gender or location.