Fighting Cancer Together
Together with Sarah Cannon, the Cancer Institute of HCA Healthcare, we offer integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for people facing cancer in our community. Recognized as leaders in cancer care, our experts use the latest research and technology to provide you with the best treatment at the right time in your cancer journey.
Sarah Cannon Research Institute (the research arm of Sarah Cannon) was formed more than 20 years ago to ensure patients could access advanced therapies close to home. Sarah Cannon treats more than 2,500 patients each year through clinical trials across the U.S. and U.K, and has been a clinical trial leader in the majority of approved cancer therapies over the last 10 years.
Across its global network, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients - a number unmatched by any single cancer center. To learn more about Sarah Cannon, visit sarahcannon.com.
Choosing where you receive treatment is overwhelming. Sarah Cannon and HCA Virginia (along with our affiliated physicians) are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Within our cancer programs, you will have access to:
- Oncology nurse navigators. Oncology nurse navigators are specially trained oncology nurses. They are members of your multidisciplinary care team who serve as advocates and educators for you from diagnosis through survivorship.
- Expertise in support. It takes a team to fight cancer. At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Virginia, you have access to full support from oncology psychosocial specialists, nutritionists, chaplains, physical therapy and rehab services, and peer support groups.
- Multidisciplinary conferences. Patients and their families can be assured they are receiving the best personalized cancer treatment plan from a team of expert physicians. HCA Virginia has 12 multidisciplinary conferences – a conference where physicians from all specialties discuss the best, personalized treatment plan for each patient.
- State-of-the-art facilities. We provide multiple locations for screening and diagnosis, surgery, radiation, and acute care services throughout central Virginia. Each of our facilities maintains full accreditation for screening and treatment of cancers.
- Blood cancer
- Breast cancer
- Complex gastrointestinal cancers
- Gynecologic cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Lung and thoracic cancer
- Metastatic cancer
- Prostate and genitourinary cancers
- Skin cancers and melanoma
- Thyroid cancers
Comprehensive Care Team
With more specialists and oncologists near Richmond, dedicated oncology facilities, and advanced technologies, we offer you unmatched cancer care.
Our team includes:
- Medical, surgical and radiation oncologists
- Pathologists, radiologists, pulmonologists and gastroenterologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Financial and legal counselors
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Oncology certified nurses
- Oncology nurse navigators
Your First Choice for Cancer Care
Through our network of accredited oncology programs, we provide a full range of services for preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer. Our services include:
- The largest multidisciplinary cancer care team in Virginia.
- Award-winning cancer facilities.
- The only community health system with clinics dedicated to particular types of cancer, including brain, breast, colorectal, gynecologic, lung and thoracic, pancreatic/liver/gallbladder, prostate and genitourinary, and skin cancers.
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as comprehensive community cancer programs.
- Recognition by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for advanced diagnostic tests, expedient results and diagnosis, and immediate connection to our breast multidisciplinary team and clinics.
- Accreditation as centers of excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- Recognition by the Joint Commission for the management of brain tumors.
- Clinical trials and research across a wide spectrum of cancers.