Serving Richmond's Fan District
Welcome to Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a 226-bed acute care hospital located in Richmond’s Historic Fan District.
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, provides an array of outpatient services and medical and surgical treatments to Central Virginia. We are proud to offer the following services and amenities to our patients and their families:
- 24/7 Adult and Pediatric Emergency Care
- 13-bed private medical surgical ICU
- 18- telemetry beds
- 20-single inpatient behavioral health beds for adults in need of short-term intensive mental health treatment for adults in crisis
- Operating rooms with the latest surgical technology available, including robotic assisted-systems
- Center for Urological Health, offering treatments ranging from non-invasive to minimally invasive procedures, using robotics and laparoscopy to complex urologic surgeries
- Center for Wound Healing, with hyperbaric oxygen therapy, for complex and non-healing wounds
- Colon & Rectal Surgery Program
- Adult & Pediatric Outpatient Therapy Services and Programs Available
- Free-Parking Deck located on Robinson Street
- Chaplain services
- Gift shop
Founded in 1877, Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, Richmond’s oldest hospital, has remained committed to providing compassionate, patient-centered for over 140 years. Through decades of planning to meet the growing needs of the Richmond community, our core values have remained the same: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Retreat Doctors' is proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community. Our expert physicians and staff provide outstanding medical care and quality outcomes for our patients – but it is the compassionate and personalized care of the Retreat Doctors’ Hospital team that makes the difference to our patients and their families.
We are proud to be a destination hospital for urological care. Recognized by Healthgrades as a Top 100 Hospital for Prostate Surgery, our Center for Urology brings the latest innovations in urologic care to the residents of Central Virginia. Our board-certified physicians have more than 75 years of combined experience and under their leadership; we are honored to be recognized as the recipients of the Healthgrades Prostate Surgery Excellence Award.
We are committed to providing you the best care possible and I want to personally invite you to call or stop by our hospital and discover how we can help you in your journey to health and wellness.
Beth Matish, Chief Executive Officer, Retreat Doctors’ Hospitals