About Reston Pediatric ER
The pediatric emergency room (ER) at Reston Hospital Center is separate from our main ER and has an environment designed to comfort kids. Our highly trained pediatric specialists provide gentle, expert medical care for children 24/7.
If your child is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Pediatric emergency care in Reston, Virginia
At our pediatric ER, we promptly share all test results and information about your child's condition, so you can make informed decisions about their care. Our ER doctors and nurses will work with you to develop a treatment plan personalized to your child's needs. Our goal is the same as yours—to help your little one feel better as quickly as possible.
For more information about Reston Hospital Center's pediatric ER or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627 (DOCS).
Features of our children's ER
Our pediatric ER features:
- 24-hour parental visitation encouraged
- Access to doctors, pediatric subspecialists and nurses specially trained in pediatric care
- Advanced technology specially designed for children and young adults
- Board-certified pediatricians and pediatric emergency medicine physicians
- Complimentary valet parking so you and your child can go directly to the ER
- Five dedicated pediatric rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pediatric medication management system to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications
- Pediatric waiting area that is separate from our main ER
- Themed rooms with entertainment options, soothing music and space for loved ones
When to visit the children's ER
If you aren't sure if your child's illness or injury warrants an ER visit, you can speak to a nurse 24/7 by calling Consult-A-Nurse at (804) 320-3627.
Additionally, you can check this list of children's symptoms that may need ER treatment.
Children's ER wait times near you
Check the top of our website or text "ER" to 32222 to find out the wait times of the HCA Virginia ER closest to you.
Note: Message and data rates apply. ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only.