Reston Hospital Center is Growing Again!
It's now 2021 and here is our latest update on what's been completed and what's coming next.
Phase 1 - Completed
- 180,000 square foot, LEED certified medical office building
- Relocation of imaging services to an updated and expanded space
- Update and expansion of our lobby creating a seamless entry to Pavilion I, Pavilion II, surgical discharge and outpatient testing
- Expansion of pre-op department – we went from 19 to 34 rooms!
- Expansion of surgical recovery – we went from 11 to 30 rooms!
- Addition of 4 operating rooms
- Addition of our 16 bed observation unit for patients who need to remain under our observation, but allowing emergency rooms to be available for more patients and to decrease patient wait times.
- Addition of our Pediatric Emergency Room, housing 5 dedicated pediatric beds
- Updates and facelifts for our existing 30 exam rooms in our ER for your comfort
- Conversion to bedside registration so that our patients get to a room and treated more quickly
- Updates to our cafeteria to improve the overall experience for visitors and staff
Phase 2 – Completed
- Our new patient-visitor parking garage (Garage A) with easy access to our renovated West Wing Entrance opened in the Summer of 2019. The new garage offers 2 levels underground and 2 above to allow more convenient parking options for our valued patients and visitors.
- New patient tower and state of the art 24-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU), located above our Emergency Room
- New Inpatient Rehabilitation Center featuring 18 private rooms each equipped with a walk-in shower, grab bars and adaptive equipment for toileting and grooming, including ADA sinks and toilets. Our inpatient rehabilitation center also has a gym equipped with state-of-the-art recovery equipment and a full-scale ADA apartment to help patients adapt to daily activities.
- Expansion and renovation of our Women and Children's Services, including our Level III NICU which is now overseen by clinical experts from Children's National Medical Center, ranked #1 by U.S. News and World Report for Neonatology.
- A second Catheterization Lab to continue our service as Northern Virginia's only Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI
- Renovation of our main entrance and hospital lobby including the finalization of a new visitor-centric corridor that will help to provide easier navigation between the main entrance, west wing entrance, pavilion I and II entrances and our emergency department.
Our final phase of development will focus on an additional investment into the modernization of several patient care areas to elevate our entire facility to a consistent level for a best-in-class patient experience.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, our main entrance remains closed. To ensure ease of access we have re-opened our West Wing entrance and have also opened our new hospital patient/visitor parking garage (Garage A).
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience during this challenging time. We're constantly working to improve the patient experience including routine updates to our visitation policy, campus signage and wayfinding plan.