Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life..
To become a nationally recognized community hospital, driven by a passion for clinical excellence and unparalleled customer service.
Each member of the Reston healthcare providing team strongly believes in the ICARE hospital ethics ideology acronym, providing our top tier health services with integrity, compassion, accountability, respect and excellence with our patients’ health and expectations always put first.
Integrity – Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching. We will always:
- Prioritize the safety of our patients, guests, colleagues, and staff above everything else.
- Advocate for patients and others regardless of my role.
- Be honest, genuine and consistent with my words and actions and keep my promises.
- Act and treat others as if I am being observed by patients, guests and colleagues at all times.
- Refrain from using electronic devices for personal use in the presence of patients and guests.
- Treat company resources as if they were my own.
Compassion – Be empathetic to the needs of others and sympathize with their situation. We will always:
- Care for our patients and treat others as if they are our family, actively listen to their needs, and ensure that they know they are highly valued and appreciated.
- Create an environment that inspires trust, safeguards dignity, and promotes healing.
- Be nonjudgmental in my interactions with others.
- Use a positive tone, sit down when appropriate, use appropriate touch and respond in a timely manner to patient and family needs.
- Ensure patients and families feel they are included in decision-making and are informed about their care.
- Participate in hourly rounding, bedside shift report and completion of patient care boards.
Accountability – Take ownership for how actions impact outcomes. We will always:
- Stay informed about organization, facility, and department initiatives.
- Present a clean and professional image.
- Keep my workplace clean and safe; Pick up trash, report safety hazards, and seek repair of broken items.
- Take the time and accept the responsibility to help. If I cannot personally assist, I will find someone who can.
- Arrive on time and be ready to focus on assigned duties.
- Take ownership of issues and maintain a high standard for my individual performance.
- Use open communication and AIDET- P (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explain, Thank You + Promise) in all interactions.
- Use key words at key times to ensure customer satisfaction.
Respect – I will value others and embrace diversity. We will always:
- Honor individual differences, cultural beliefs and embrace the communities we serve.
- Speak respectfully of others, acknowledging the vital role each of us plays in providing care to our patients, and promote a climate of trust.
- Give honest, timely, constructive feedback and graciously accept feedback as an opportunity to improve.
- Honor commitments and meet deadlines.
Excellence – Take personal pride in exceeding expectations. We will always:
- Ensure excellent patient care is provided at all times.
- Value and use teamwork to provide excellent customer service.
- Seek opportunities for professional development to stay current in my field of expertise.
- Engage patients and guests in such a way that they have positive stories to share about their experience.
- Follow the 10-5 rule. I make eye contact and smile as I approach someone within 10 feet of me. I greet people when they are 5 feet from me, and I will guide others to their destination if needed.
- Take personal responsibility for the success, image, quality and reputation of the company.