Serving Reston and the Northern Virginia community
Welcome to Reston Hospital Center, a full-service, 231-bed acute care medical and surgical hospital serving residents in Reston and the growing Northern Virginia region. We are conveniently located near the Reston Town Center, and just minutes from Dulles Airport. Our expanding health care campus features top-quality medical expertise across numerous specialties, giving our patients access to the best care providers, technology and evidence-based treatment options, close to home. Further, we are guided by our mission and values daily to provide you with the best health care in the region.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence
Our signature services:
- 24/7 Emergency Care - including a dedicated pediatric ER and a level II Trauma Center
- Women’s Care – nationally recognized for obstetrics and gynecology and labor and delivery
- Neonatology – our level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) specializes in newborn care provided by experts from Children’s National Health System, ranked number one in the nation for neonatology by U.S. News and World Report
- Surgical Care – nationally recognized Spine, Orthopedic and Bariatric (weight loss) surgery programs
- Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery – offering Northern Virginia’s most comprehensive robotic surgery program featuring daVinci Xi and Si, Mazor X Stealth Edition, Mako Robotic Arm, Bright Matter and Modus V technologies
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Center – a dedicated 18-bed unit offering advanced rehabilitation services including physical, occupational, and speech therapy
Bringing nationally recognized care and services to the communities we serve
Reston Hospital Center repeatedly achieves high honors repeatedly achieves high honors for attentive patient care and nursing excellence, as well as several prestigious accreditations. Licensed by the Virginia Department of Health, Reston has achieved certifications and designations from several health care governing bodies and organizations. In fact, Reston Hospital Center was selected as one of only three "Top General Hospitals" in the Commonwealth of Virginia by the Leapfrog Group. These recognitions would not be possible without the outstanding team of physicians, nurses and staff that work at our facility.
Leading the advancement of health care
Reston Hospital Center is also proud of our many accomplishments to help advance health care in our community and around the world. We are one of only nine Visiting Clinician Programs (VCP) in the United States where surgeons from around the world come to train on the latest robotic technology. Reston was the first hospital in Northern Virginia to use the da Vinci® Xi robot, widely considered to be the most effective and least invasive surgical technology. We also performed the first total knee replacement in Virginia utilizing the Mako Robotic Arm Technology. Further, we performed the world’s first Mazor X Stealth edition spine surgery case. All outstanding achievements that illustrate how we strive to lead the advancement of health care for our patients and the greater medical community.
Part of the HCA Healthcare family
Reston Hospital Center is affiliated with HCA Healthcare, the nation's leading provider of healthcare services. As part of HCA’s Capital Division, we employ more than 1,200 full-time and part-time staff. In addition, nearly 200 men, women and teens generously volunteer their time at the hospital each week. Our sister facilities in Northern Virginia include StoneSprings Hospital Center and Dominion Hospital. Collectively, we represent a strong, integrated system designed to bring you the best in health.
Our commitment to you
Always attuned to the comfort and needs of our community, we blend the convenience of all private rooms, personal attention, complimentary valet parking and an easily accessible suburban location with top-quality professional expertise and the most skilled and best trained medical and support staff.
We're in your neighborhood, we care about your health and we appreciate your choice of Reston Hospital Center as your trusted health care resource.
Wishing you the best in health,
John Deardorff, FACHE
President and Chief Executive Officer