For more information about our program, please contact Raechel Kiefer at (603) 559-4129.
How to apply
Welcome from the Program Director
You will thrive at LewisGale Medical Center where graduate medical education has only recently begun and is in a state of growth. You will have influence. Didactics are not lecture-based but rather a flipped-classroom model is incorporated into the curriculum along with three simulation labs. In the Roanoke Valley with the Blue Ridge Mountains right outside your door, it is expected that some residents will complete their wilderness medicine fellowship concurrently with residency.
The requirements for graduation are:
- 5000 patient encounters
- Jointly completed quality improvement project
- Presentable scholarly activity
- Department or hospital committee membership
- Significantly above ACGME procedure minimums
- 70 percent attendance at didactics
- Score within one standard deviation on yearly in training exams
- Fully engage in all educational and clinical activities
- Become life-long friends with someone here
- Instill confidence that you will become my peer
- Demonstrate that you can provide care for my family
- Ensure that you are going to rock on the boards
You will work hard. You will become a role-model. You won't want to leave.
Let's explore if this is a place you can thrive.
John Stadnyk, MD
Emergency Medicine Program Director
- Daniel Sapp, DO - Associate Program Director
- Puneet Chopra, MD - Core Faculty
- Theresa Forty, DO - Core Faculty
- Eliza Jacob, DO - Core Faculty
- Michael Jones, PharmD - Core Faculty
- Jeremy Webb, MD - Core Faculty
The LewisGale Medical Center Emergency Medicine Residency Program’s mission is to develop the next generation of physicians and physician leaders. As a part of HCA Healthcare, we are driven by a single mission: Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.
This program is designed to offer residents a rewarding, educational environment where residents are provided individualized learning opportunities by faculty and staff who support and sustain one another throughout quality care delivery. Our faculty are committed to ensuring the residents' clinical experience and educational needs are fulfilled while expanding residents’ perspectives to be inclusive of cultures, values, and ideals.