Johnston-Willis Hospital, an HCA affiliate and campus of CJW Medical Center, has been delivering top-quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than a century. We offer a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care at the Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital, and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center.
Among the amenities you’ll enjoy at Johnston-Willis Hospital are:
- Comfortable accommodations in beautiful private rooms with cable television
- Food services that provide delicious and healthy meals, including a cafeteria and guest trays, Subway sandwich shop, vending machines, and gourmet coffee bar featuring Starbucks coffee.
- Convenient and free parking with free valet parking on weekdays
- Expanded, flexible visiting hours to welcome guests any time and entrances close to the emergency department for access after 9:00pm
- Quiet hours from 8:30pm - 9:00am
- Safety and security measures addressing cell phone and small electrical appliance usage, fire drills, smoking and the care of your valuable items during your stay with us
- Gift shop with flowers, cards, magazines and more
If you have any questions or concerns, then please contact our patient relations coordinator at (804) 330-2335.
You can locate building directories overhead in the halls and on the walls in our hospital. Our friendly staff and volunteers will also help you get where you need to go.
View a map of department locations and other points of interest at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
Your comfort is our top priority. You’ll find many special services to ease your stay or to help friends and loved ones while they’re hospitalized, including:
- Patient advocates
- Mail, emails and flowers delivered to patient rooms by volunteers
- Banking services via ATM
- Wireless Internet access
- Notary public service available Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 4:30pm
- Hearing-impaired telecommunication assistance
- Vision-impaired reading service
- Interpreters for many languages
- On-site daycare
- Discounts for several nearby hotels
Walgreens Pharmacy at Johnston-Willis is our full-service pharmacy, located on the first floor of the atrium in the hospital. The pharmacy provides compassionate care in a convenient location, including:
- Confidential, one-on-one patient counseling
- Help staying on track with medications
- Bedside delivery
- Acceptance of most insurance plans
- Flexible refill options: by phone, in person, online or automatically
- Medication pick-up at any Walgreens in the United States and Puerto Rico
- Immunizations administered in the pharmacy
Contact the pharmacy Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 6:00pm, and Sat: 8:00am - 4:00pm at (804) 560-8000.
When your doctor decides you’re ready to leave the hospital, you’ll receive a discharge order with instructions for follow-up care and your next appointment with your doctor. Checkout time is 11:00am on the day of discharge.
If your physician specifies the need for home medical equipment or home healthcare, our social work department may coordinate efforts with our in-house Medicare-certified home healthcare agency. Services include nursing; home infusion; pharmacy; physical, speech and occupational therapy; medical social services and home medical equipment. For information, call (804) 330-2244.
On your way out, you’ll stop by the hospital cashier to settle your account, and then a hospital representative will escort you to the transportation you have arranged for your ride home.