Johnston-Willis Hospital has received many awards and accreditations, including the following:
- Breast Center of Excellence – American College of Radiology
- Breast Program Accreditation – American College of Surgeons
- Comprehensive Stroke Certification – DNV
The Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certifications
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Brain Tumor
- Hip and Knee Replacement
- Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – The Joint Commission
- Chest Pain Center accredited – Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Level III Trauma Center – Virginia Department of Health
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval for healthcare quality and the second hospital in the United States to receive certification in colorectal cancer.
- One of only two hospitals in Virginia to earn the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) Commission on Cancer (CoC) Outstanding Achievement Award for delivering the highest level of cancer care.
- Our Cancer Survivorship Program received Virginia’s first annual Health Care Innovators (VAHCI) award for Best Patient Care Innovation.
- We’re the largest accredited Stroke Care Network in Central Virginia.
- We’re the first hospital in the region to attain certification from The Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Care Center.
- We received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines Stroke Silver Plus Performance Achievement Award.
- We received The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal Certification for Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement.