Experience & Excellence in Outpatient Surgery
At Colonial Heights Surgery Center, a department of John Randolph Medical Center, we provide the highest quality and most cost-effective surgical care in the area. This is not simply part of our mission statement - it's how we operate every day. Our surgical center is part of the HCA Virginia outpatient network, offering the resources that matter most when it comes to your care. You'll find the latest technology in a comfortable, private setting. Our doctors, nurses and staff combine talent with depth of experience in their field. For you, this translates to outstanding surgical procedures with optimal recovery.
Because we’re located in the heart of Tri-Cities, our patients have access to our surgery center, our imaging center, Appomattox Imaging, and TriCities ER – all conveniently located near each other, providing a full suite of healthcare services our patients in Prince George and the surrounding areas deserve.
Pre-Admission / Pre-Operative Instructions
If you have chosen Colonial Heights Surgery Center for your scheduled procedure, it is our mission to provide you with quality care and to make your visit as pleasant as possible. Please take the time to visit our Pre-Admission Instructions, then review and print your Pre-op Instructions. We are pleased to offer this on-line service to you in order to allow for more flexibility with your busy daily schedules. If you have any further questions about your visit that are not answered within the instructions on-line, please do not hesitate to call our Pre-Admission nurses at (804) 665-2063.
For your safety and comfort, you will receive some form of anesthesia - General (sleep), Regional or Local (numbing) or Sedation. Your referring physician or anesthesiologist will discuss types of anesthesia with you.
- Surgery times are the best estimate we can give and may not be exact due to the unpredictable nature of surgical findings. We urge you to arrive at the time given during the pre-op interview process. Changes in the Doctor's schedule may permit you to come in earlier than planned. Please check your personal voice mail the evening before you procedure for any arrival time changes.
- The length of your stay will depend on how long your operation takes and how long it takes you to recover from the anesthesia.
- You will enter the recovery room following your operation. There, the nursing staff and anesthesiologist will care for you prior to your discharge.
- After you are stable and prior to discharge, a nurse will give you and your responsible adult instructions regarding precautions, and follow up care.
- Remember that a responsible adult will be needed to drive you home.
- For 12-24 hours after your operation, you may feel slightly nauseated, lightheaded or dizzy. These are normal reactions and will pass with sufficient rest.
- Within 24 hours after surgery and while taking pain medication, please do not drive or operate a car or dangerous machinery, sign important papers or care for a dependent person.
- You may resume your normal diet if you are not having problems with nausea and vomiting. Avoid greasy, fried or spicy foods on the day of surgery. Maintaining adequate hydration will minimize the incidents of some post-operative complications. Drink plenty of water.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages until 48 hours after anesthesia or while taking pain medication. Be sure to take your pain medication with food to avoid stomach upset.
- If a problem arises after the surgery center closes, please call your physician's office.
- You will receive a postoperative phone call from one of our nurses to check on your progress.
- Help us evaluate our service. Our staff is dedicated to providing you with high quality personal care. Please return the patient survey form given to you when you leave our center. If there are ways to improve our service, please let us know. Thank you.
Thank you for choosing Colonial Heights Surgery Center, where our goal is making you comfortable!
Colonial Heights Surgery Center
930 South Ave, Suite 2
Colonial Heights, VA 23834
Phone: (804) 520-8272