The Best Care in the Region
At HCA Virginia, we are committed to providing you with the best care possible. Although this is a standard we set for ourselves, it is also acknowledged by others. Each year, we are recognized for achieving the highest standards in patient care. With the following awards, HCA Virginia ranks as one of the best health systems in the region:
- U.S. News & World Report Best Regional Hospital for Coronary Bypass Surgery, Colon Cancer Surgery and Knee Replacement.
- Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics (R)
- 100 Best Hospital by Healthgrades for Orthopedic, Joint Replacement and Prostate Surgery
- Designated with the Labor and Delivery Excellence Award
- Designated with the Patient Safety Excellence Award by Healthgrades
- Designated with the Stroke Care Excellence Award for 16 years in a row, representing the top 10% of hospitals in the country for treatment of stroke.
- CMS 5 Star Hospital for Patient Experience
- Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval: Primary Stroke | Spinal Fusion | Induction of Labor | Prematurity | Perinatal Care | Sepsis
- Joint Commission Top Performer: Heart Attack | Heart Failure | Pneumonia | Surgery
- Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care Chest Pain Accredited Facility
- American College of Surgeons Comprehensive Community Cancer Center
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC)
- American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- A-Rating Hospital Safety Score from The Leapfrog Group
Other Awards of Distinction
ACoS Outstanding Achievement Award: Limited to less than 20 percent of all cancer centers, this distinction acknowledges our focus on prevention, treatment and follow-up – from education and screenings to diagnosis and treatment – with individualized care plans developed by experts in the field.
Joint Commission-Certified Prematurity Program: HCA Virginia is one of only four hospitals in the United States, and the only hospital in central Virginia, with a prematurity program certified by The Joint Commission.