Nominate a nurse for a DAISY Award
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurse's every day. We are proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor monthly.
About the DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 1999 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes, who died of complications of an autoimmune disease at the age of 33. After Patrick died, his family was compelled to say "thank you!" to the nurses for their outstanding care and compassion shown to Patrick and his family during his hospitalization.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony on his or her unit, and will receive a certificate, a DAISY Award pin and a beautiful hand-carved stone sculpture.
Nominate a Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees are invited to nominate a Henrico, Parham or Retreat Doctors' Hospital nurse for The DAISY Award. Please nominate a nurse who consistently:
- Models empathy and demonstrates a caring attitude in all situations
- Demonstrates extraordinary clinical skills in the delivery of compassionate patient care
- Has a positive attitude and demonstrates professionalism in the work environment
- Exemplifies the mission, vision and values of Henrico, Parham & Retreat Doctors' Hospitals
- Establishes a special connection with the patients and families
The form was successfully sent.
There was an error with the form submission.
For more information, go to the DAISY Foundation's website.