Serving Central Virginia
Welcome to Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, a 340-bed community hospital located in Richmond, Virginia. Your healthcare is our top priority here, and we continually strive to provide the highest level of care and latest technology to fulfill that healthcare promise to you and your family. We are proud to offer the following services and amenities to our patients in the Richmond metropolitan area:
- 24/7 Adult and Pediatric ER, with dedicated FastTrack ER for less serious illness or injury
- Level II Trauma Center
- The Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute, a state-of-the-art facility giving our patients additional access to the best technology and evidence-based treatment, all under one roof.
- The Women’s Hospital, featuring a completely renovated women’s health facility with new Labor and Delivery, Mother-Baby, Antepartum, and Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Units.
- Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery Center, offering robotic and advanced laparoscopic and minimally-invasive technologies for a wide range of surgical procedures.
- The Heart Center at Henrico Doctors’, providing the most advanced cardiac techniques and technologies, including the minimally invasive valve surgery, aortic valve replacement, mitral valve replacement, and coronary artery bypass graft (CABG).
- Primary Stroke Center, Certified by The Joint Commission and named a Give-Star Recipient for Stroke Treatment for 15 years in a row
- Virginia Transplant Center, specializing in kidney transplants, living kidney donations and paired-exchange kidney transplants.
- Intensive care services
- Free valet parking available Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Chaplain services
- On-site pharmacy and Gift shop
Established in 1974, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a full-service tertiary provider serving the Richmond metropolitan area. Operated by HCA Health Services of Virginia, Inc., Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals consists of five community campuses – Henrico, Parham, and Retreat Doctors’ Hospitals, West Creek Emergency Center and Hanover Emergency Center. Envisioned, founded and supported by a group of independent physicians looking to provide high-quality care in an accessibly community setting, Henrico Doctors’ is proud to remain committed to providing our patients with the best care possible.
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital’s Forest campus specializes in trauma, cardiovascular and neurological care, women’s health, oncology, and groundbreaking diagnostic imagining. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
We are proud to be the recipient of several national awards that include Top 100 Hospital by Truven Health Analytics®, 100 Best Hospitals by Healthgrades, Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services and Treatment of Stroke, Healthgrades Stroke Care Excellence Award and many other Five-Star clinical achievements recognizing our heart, stroke, and critical care programs. These recognitions would not be possible without the outstanding team of physicians, nurses and staff that work at our facilities..
Henrico Doctors’ Hospitals also received the Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence award, a designation that recognizes superior performance in quality care, placing us in the top 10 percent of all short-term acute care hospitals. Recognized by the Joint Commission as an Advanced Primary Stroke Center and a Top Performer in Heart Attack and Heart Failure, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital has been awarded with the Gold Seal of Approval and named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures including: surgical care, perinatal care, prematurity, and pulmonary care, amongst many others.
. In December of 2016, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital completed a $40-million-dollar renovation project and announced the opening of The Women’s Hospital. The state-of-the-art women’s health facility at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital was designed to meet the unique health care needs of women in the Richmond region, providing a full continuum of care and services to women and their families in one convenient location.
We are also proud to be at the forefront of cancer care. Through our partnership with Sarah Cannon, Henrico Doctors’ Hospital joins the leading network of experts to create a new era of collaborative cancer care in Richmond, Virginia. With the opening of our new, state-of-the-art Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, our team of experts will continue to provide our patients with the best cancer care possible, giving our patients additional access to the best technology and evidence-based treatment options, right around the corner.
Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.