About Chippenham Pediatric ER
The pediatric emergency room (ER) at Chippenham Hospital is staffed around-the-clock with board-certified pediatric specialists. We understand the ER can be a scary place for kids, which is why our children's ER is designed specifically for kids and is separate from our main ER.
If your child is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
Pediatric emergency care in Richmond, Virginia
When you bring your child to the pediatric ER at Chippenham Hospital, our physicians will work with you to develop a treatment plan to help your little one feel better. We share all test results and treatment plans, so you can make informed decisions about what's best for your child.
For more information about Chippenham Hospital's pediatric ER or for help finding a doctor, call our free, 24/7 Consult-A-Nurse line at (804) 320-3627 (DOCS).
Features of our children's ER
Our pediatric ER features:
- 13 dedicated pediatric rooms
- 24-hour parental visitation encouraged
- A pediatric intensive care unit (PICU), should hospitalization be necessary
- Access to doctors, pediatric subspecialists and nurses specially trained to care for children
- Access to comprehensive pediatric care
- Advanced technology specifically designed for children and young adults
- Complimentary valet parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Pediatric medication management system to improve the speed, accuracy and administration of medications
When to visit the children's ER
If you aren't sure if your child's illness or injury warrants an ER visit, you can speak to a nurse 24/7 by calling Consult-A-Nurse at (804) 320-3627.
We have also compiled a list of children's symptoms that may need ER treatment.
Children's ER wait times
Check the top of our website or text "ER" to 32222 to find out the wait times of the HCA Virginia ER closest to you.
Note: Message and data rates apply. ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only.