June 15, 2021
Reston, VA – The medical staff of Reston Hospital Center recently awarded scholarships to 16 Fairfax and Loudoun County high school seniors in recognition of their academic excellence and plans to pursue a career in healthcare.
Each year, the medical staff offers $13,000 in scholarships to local high schools. Scholarships are funded through medical staff dues collected from the privileged providers at Reston Hospital. Over the past 23 years, nearly $300,000 has been awarded to students in Northern Virginia.
“This has certainly been a unique scholastic year across our country, as educational institutions and students worked through the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Dr. Brett Sachse, president of the Reston Hospital Center’s medical staff. “These students have risen to the occasion throughout their high school careers and are well deserving of the medical staff scholarships. We wish them all well as they begin their journeys of exploring careers in the healthcare field.”
The recipients of the Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff Scholarships are:
- Allisyn Lam – Briar Woods High School
- Shery Kamel – Broad Run High School
- Sri Vaishnavi Konagalla – Chantilly High School
- Siri Chandhana Nikku – Dominion High School
- Syed Shaheer Alam – Dominion High School
- Lucille Brown – Herndon High School
- Mai Virginia Ishikawa – James Madison High School
- Rupa Siva – Langley High School
- Amelia Zug – McLean High School
- Annabelle Grace Wolsborn – Oakton High School
- Neha Pai – Oakton High School
- Kyleah Adesioye – Park View High School
- Kaitlyn Olia – Potomac Falls High School
- Virag Ellen Murphy – South Lakes High School
- Emma Lynch – South Lakes High School
- Daniella Fernanda Medina – Westfield High School
“We are pleased to be able to support these young adults as they venture into the world of higher education,” said John Deardorff, president and chief executive officer of the HCA Healthcare Northern Virginia market and Reston Hospital Center. “We are proud of our medical staff for supporting and investing in these future healthcare leaders.”
The Reston Hospital Center medical staff congratulates these outstanding students, and are proud to support their continuing education and passion for healthcare.