August 02, 2021
Tysons, VA – HCA Virginia has begun construction on a new freestanding emergency room (ER), Tysons Emergency, at 8240 Leesburg Pike. Tysons Emergency will be a campus of Reston Hospital Center and is targeted for an early 2022 opening.
“As the Tysons community expands, the need for 24/7 emergency care close to where people live and work is paramount,” said John Deardorff, chief executive officer of the HCA Healthcare Northern Virginia market and Reston Hospital Center. “We are excited to establish a new health care location for all in need of emergency medical care.”
Upon opening in early 2022, the state-of-the-art ER will be staffed with board-certified emergency medicine physicians and nurses, 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, just like an emergency room that is housed within the walls of a hospital. Designed to meet the community’s growing health care needs, Tysons Emergency will feature:
- 11 private treatment rooms - featuring one trauma room and 10 exam rooms
- Board-certified emergency medicine physicians who are trained in both adult and pediatric care
- Full-service emergency care
- Advanced imaging for diagnostics and testing including CT, x-ray, and ultrasound
- On-site laboratory testing
- Free ambulance service for direct admission to Reston Hospital Center
- Convenient valet parking and ADA-accessible parking
- Free wi-fi access
Located in the heart of Tysons near the intersection of Route 7 and Route 123, this nearly 14,000 square-foot facility will be within walking distance to both the Greensboro (8 minutes) and Tysons (13 minutes) Metro stations. Via car, Tysons Emergency will be located outside the beltway (I-495) and just minutes west of Tysons Galleria and Tysons Corner Center.