Reston, VA. (June 19, 2018) – The Medical Staff of Reston Hospital Center awarded scholarships to 17 Fairfax and Loudoun County High School seniors in recognition of their academic excellence and excitement for pursuing a career in healthcare.
Each year, the Medical Staff at Reston Hospital Center offers $15,000 in scholarships to local high schools. Over the past 20 years, Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff has awarded more than $265,000 in academic scholarships to students in Northern Virginia.
“This is one of the Medical Staff’s favorite projects every year. We are thrilled to be able to support these young adults as they venture into the world in search of their dream careers. It is our pleasure to get to know such passionate and driven students from our local community as they work towards becoming the future of healthcare,” said Dr. Avisesh Sahgal, President of Reston Hospital Center’s Medical Staff.
At the annual award ceremony hosted by Reston Hospital Center, John Deardorff, President and CEO of Reston Hospital Center and HCA’s Northern Virginia Market, said, “These students are well deserving of the medical staff scholarships as they begin their journeys of exploring careers in the healthcare field. We hope that one day they return to their roots as members of our local medical community.”
The recipients of the Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff Scholarships are:
- Natalie Rothrock – Briar Woods High School
- Jakob Cohen – Broad Run High School
- Ria Grover – Centreville High School
- Amara Novotny – Chantilly High School
- Arman Daneshpayeh – Chantilly High School
- Agota Banks – Dominion High School
- Pranavi Palliniti – Dominion High School
- Yousef Hassan Elgodamy – Herndon High School
- Minnie Suki Nguyen – Herndon High School
- Katherine Elizabeth Priester – James Madison High School
- Yusuf Masser Bade – Langley High School
- Shreya Dalal – Oakton High School
- Khanh Nguyen – Park View High School
- Ashlin Rain Murphy – Potomac Falls High School
- Tashfia Anaan Emdad – Potomac Falls High School
- Aishwarya Jadhav – South Lakes High School
- Ruma S. Jadhav – South Lakes High School
The Reston Hospital Center Medical Staff congratulates these outstanding students, and are proud to support their continuing education and passion for healthcare.