The HCA Virginia Wound Healing Centers at Retreat Doctors' Hospital and Chippenham Hospital are nationally recognized for their success in treating wounds that don't heal with standard care. Leaders in the field of wound care, our physicians and researchers are helping reshape the way we think about treating wounds.
The Wound Healing Centers' dedicated specialists will work with you and your physician to evaluate your condition and create an individualized treatment plan that uses the most advanced approach to wound care.
Conditions Requiring Wound Healing Care
We treat a wide range of chronic, recurrent, non-healing and acute wounds, including:
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Complications from radiation or surgery
- Bone or tissue infections
- Crush injuries
- Pressure ulcers
- Arterial ulcers
- Venous leg ulcers
Your Best Choice for Wound Healing
When you choose HCA Virginia Wound Healing Centers, you have access to highly specialized care that includes:
- Physicians with more than 90 years of combined experience in wound healing and plastic reconstruction
- A multidisciplinary team of professionals working together for your best outcome, including surgical and infectious disease specialists, endocrinologists, nurses, home health providers, diabetic counselors, social workers and rehabilitation therapists
- Highly specialized care such as:
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), which uses pressurized oxygen to stimulate healing
- The Burn Program providing 24-hour care for patients of all ages with burn injuries
- Groundbreaking clinical research leading to the latest treatment techniques and technology for our patients
- Support services through our Rehabilitation Services
- Education and prevention programs to help you care for your wounds and avoid infections
Appointments and Insurance
Most wound care treatments, including HBOT, are covered by Medicare and third-party payers and do not require a referral. If you're uncertain about whether your insurance will cover your wound care, we can help you find out.