At HCA Virginia’s pediatric emergency rooms (ERs) near Central Virginia, we are ready to treat your children with the care and compassion that our littlest patients require. At our pediatric ERs, we won't keep you waiting – you'll quickly meet with specialists and find comfort in knowing that caring for children is what we do, 24/7. Our ERs are staffed around-the-clock and we treat more than 4,100 children each month. We have the availability and expertise that matter most to you and your child.
Why choose a pediatric ER
Pediatric emergency needs are unique. Equipment, procedures, treatments and even medications can be drastically different for young patients than for adults. Our pediatric ERs offer you:
- A dedicated pediatric ER unit staffed 24/7 by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine physicians and pediatricians, along with dedicated pediatric beds and a pediatric intensive care unit Chippenham Hospital and Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- A pediatric intensive care unit, as well as an ER staffed with dedicated pediatric specialists and beds at Henrico Doctors' Hospital
- Access to doctors, pediatric subspecialists, and nurses specially trained in caring for children
- Advanced technology specifically designed for children and young adults
- The opportunity for parental visitation, 24/7
Your child’s safety comes first
Pediatric dosing can be difficult, especially in emergency situations. This is why HCA Virginia’s pediatric ERs use the Broselow Artemis System, which allows us to have an extra level of safety when it comes to giving your child the right amount of medicine in an emergency situation. This system allows us to instantly access proper dosing, improve the speed and accuracy in acute preparation and administration of drugs, reduce medical errors and standardize pediatric dosing.
Learn more about our emergency and critical care services.