No one can prepare for a medical emergency. When the unexpected happens, trust the experts at Parham Doctors' Hospital to get you or a loved one help as soon as possible.
From broken bones to cardiac emergencies, Parham Doctors' Hospital is best in class for convenience and quality, with an average ER wait time of less than 10 minutes. Our expert triage teams assess each patient as they arrive, which means there is also virtually no wait time for potentially life threatening conditions, such as chest pain or stroke.
Parham Doctors' Hospital Emergency Room Fast Facts
- 18 dedicated beds
- Express ER
- Immediate bedding, allowing patients to be taken quickly to a treatment room
- Crisis receiving center
- Pediatric-ready with use of the Artemis Broselow dosing system
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), and Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certified staff
- Dedicated ICU and telemetry unit
- Electronic ICU services (remote monitoring)
- Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center
- Society of Chest Pain Centers Accredited Emergency Chest Pain Center
Common Reasons to Visit the ER
Chest pain is often a symptom of heart disease. It occurs when the blood vessels leading to the heart are blocked. This results in less blood, and therefore less oxygen, reaching the heart muscle. When the heart muscle is deprived of oxygen, chest pain and other symptoms result. Chest pain of any kind deserves a medical evaluation to determine its cause.
Stroke is a type of cardiovascular disease. It affects the arteries leading to and within the brain. A stroke occurs when a blood vessel that carries oxygen and nutrients to the brain is either blocked by a clot or a burst. When that happens, part of the brain cannot get the blood and oxygen it needs, so it starts to die.