At HCA Virginia, we have more experience in cancer care than any other healthcare system in Central Virginia. With more specialists and oncologists near Richmond, dedicated oncology facilities and advanced technologies, we offer you unmatched cancer care.
In addition to oncologists and oncology surgeons, our cancer care team at HCA Virginia involves a wide range of skilled medical professionals trained and focused on cancer care. Our team includes:
- Medical, surgical and radiation oncologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Financial and legal counselors
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Nurse navigators
Many members of our compassionate and highly trained nursing staff pursue advanced education in oncology and the specialized training required to become oncology certified nurses (OCNs).
Your First Choice for Cancer Care
More cancer patients trust HCA Virginia for their care than any other health system in the region for these reasons. We offer:
- The largest multidisciplinary cancer care team in Virginia, which gives you access to the best medical minds from a wide range of medical fields.
- Award-winning cancer facilities, including The Cancer Center at Henrico Doctors' Hospital and Thomas Johns Cancer Hospital at Johnston-Willis Hospital.
- Nurse navigators with specific cancer specialties (breast, lung, colorectal, brain, liver and others) who guide you and your family every step of the way, from cancer detection to survivorship.
- The only community health system with clinics dedicated to particular types of cancer, including brain, breast, colorectal, gynecologic, lung and thoracic, pancreatic/liver/gallbladder, prostate and genitourinary and skin.
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as comprehensive Community Cancer Programs.
- Recognition by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for advanced diagnostic tests, expedient results and diagnosis and immediate connection to our breast multidisciplinary team and clinics.
- Accreditation as centers of excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- Recognition by the Joint Commission for the Management of Brain Tumors.
- Clinical trials and research across a wide spectrum of cancers.
Our comprehensive and thorough approach to cancer care includes our investment in the latest and best cancer care technology for improved diagnosis and shortened treatment times with better outcomes.
Explore our cancer care services:
With the individualized assistance of our nurse navigators, you can get back to your life, your work and your family by learning to adapt to changes in your energy level and stamina, nutrition, medications and the potential for lymphedema or swelling and fluid retention. Classes, support groups, educational resources and survivor events all help restore your quality of life.
Members of your care team work together to help you succeed in developing a plan for your ongoing healthcare. Whether your life returns to the way it was before your cancer diagnosis and treatment or if you're facing a new normal that encompasses concerns about your physical and emotional health or finances, planning for your future helps you move forward productively.
Contact our cancer care network
Call (804) HCA-CARE or (804) 422-2273 to access our cancer-dedicated patient/doctor referral line or to schedule appointments for screenings or other cancer care services. You will connect immediately with advanced practice nurse navigators certified in oncology who have years of experience guiding families through diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship.
Call (804) HCA-CARE or (804) 422-2273 to access our cancer-dedicated patient/doctor referral line or to schedule appointments for screenings or other cancer care services.
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Answer healthcare and referral questions
- Register for classes and events
Find a doctor
You can also search online for a doctor by name, specialty, gender or location.