Sarah Cannon, Redefining Cancer Care for HCA
Together with Sarah Cannon, the global cancer institute of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), we offer integrated cancer services with convenient access to cutting-edge therapies for those facing cancer in our community. Recognized as leaders in cancer care, our experts use the latest research and technology to provide you with the best treatment at the right time in your cancer journey.
Together with Sarah Cannon, we are redefining cancer care, so that each person facing cancer can fight the disease where they get their greatest strength, in their own community with the support of friends and family nearby.
The research arm of Sarah Cannon, Sarah Cannon Research Institute, was formed more than 20 years ago to ensure patients could access cutting-edge therapies closer to home. In partnering with leading pharmaceutical/biotech companies and investigators, they offer more than 500 clinical trials annually.
Across its global network, Sarah Cannon is providing state-of-the-art cancer care close to home for hundreds of thousands of patients, a number unmatched by any single cancer center. To learn more about Sarah Cannon, visit sarahcannon.com.
As the trusted cancer specialists throughout HCA Virginia’s hospitals, we are proud to join the leading network of experts from Sarah Cannon, the cancer institute of HCA, to create a new era of collaborative cancer care. Working together, you have access to an unrivaled team of trusted local physicians and global cancer resources unmatched by any single cancer center.
With Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Virginia, you have a team of cancer experts working together to provide you with the best treatment at the right time in your cancer journey. We are redefining cancer care, so that each person facing cancer can fight the disease where they get their greatest strength, in their own community with the support of friends and family nearby.
Choosing where you receive treatment is overwhelming. Sarah Cannon and HCA Virginia Hospital’s, along with our affiliated physicians are leaders in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Within our cancer programs, you will have access to:
- Nurse Navigators – Nurse navigators, who specialize in cancer, are members of your multi-disciplinary care team, serving as advocates and educators for you from diagnosis through survivorship.
- Expertise in Support – It takes a team to fight cancer. At Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at HCA Virginia you have access to full support from oncology psychosocial specialists, nutritionists, chaplains, physical therapy and rehab services and peer support groups.
- Multidisciplinary Conferences – Patients and their families can be assured they are receiving the best personalized cancer treatment plan from a team of expert physicians. HCA Virginia has 12 multi–disciplinary conferences – a conference where physicians from all specialties discuss the best, personalized treatment plan for each patient.
- State–of–the–Art Facilities – Multiple locations for screening and diagnosis, surgery, radiation and acute care services throughout central Virginia. Each of our facilities maintains full accreditation for screening and treatment of cancers.
Comprehensive Care Team
With more specialists and oncologists near Richmond, dedicated oncology facilities and advanced technologies, we offer you unmatched cancer care.
Our team includes:
- Medical, surgical and radiation oncologists
- Plastic and reconstructive surgeons
- Financial and legal counselors
- Social workers
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Nurse navigators
Your First Choice for Cancer Care
Through our network of accredited oncology programs, we provide a full range of services for preventing, diagnosing and treating cancer.
- The largest multidisciplinary cancer care team in Virginia
- Award-winning cancer facilities
- The only community health system with clinics dedicated to particular types of cancer, including brain, breast, colorectal, gynecologic, lung and thoracic, pancreatic/liver/gallbladder, prostate and genitourinary and skin.
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons as comprehensive Community Cancer Programs
- Recognition by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) for advanced diagnostic tests, expedient results and diagnosis and immediate connection to our breast multidisciplinary team and clinics
- Accreditation as centers of excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Recognition by the Joint Commission for the Management of Brain Tumors
- Clinical trials and research across a wide spectrum of cancers