As an employee at HCA Virginia, you'll receive a wide array of benefits designed to help you care for yourself and your family. These benefits – known as HCA Total Rewards –supplement your pay and may be customized to your situation and needs.
Health and retirement
Benefits available to HCA Virginia employees include:
- Medical coverage: The Well Care program offers three medical plan options to meet your needs and includes customizable prescription drug coverage.
- Dental care: Coverage is available through the MetLife Dental PPO Plan; Cigna Dental Care DMO is available in Richmond and Northern Virginia; and Delta Dental DPO is available in Southwest Virginia.
- Vision care: Coverage includes eye exams, lenses, frames, laser correction surgery and other eye care items and procedures.
- Short-term disability: Coverage replaces a portion of your base pay after you have been away from work for more than five days due to personal, non-work-related illness or injury that meets the plan's medical management criteria.
- Long-term disability: Coverage provides income protection if you become disabled and unable to work for an extended period of time.
- Life insurance: Choose from basic or supplemental term plans, with the option of purchasing dependent life insurance for your spouse and/or children.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs): FSAs allow you to set aside a portion of your pre-tax earnings to pay for qualified expenses. You may choose a Healthcare FSA, to help pay for eligible healthcare expenses, or Day Care FSA, to offset eligible dependent-care expenses.
- Financial education: Onsite courses and online information and tools help you learn more about managing your personal finances.
- Employee assistance program: This confidential service provides personal, legal and financial counseling and referrals.
- Voluntary CorePlus benefits: Designed to complement and supplement other coverage, these benefits may include legal advice; insurance for your vehicle, home or pet; long-term care insurance and voluntary permanent life insurance.
- Retirement program: The HCA 401(k) plan combines contributions from your employment facility with your own contributions to help you save for the future. Your hospital provides a 100 percent match, up to nine percent of your pay, based on your years of service.
Additional rewards and benefits
- Paid time off for vacations, holidays and illnesses
- Family, medical, military and bereavement leaves
- Health and wellness programs
- Employee advisory groups, employee surveys and other options for employee feedback and expression
- Professional development and education opportunities
- HCA Foundation scholarships
- Employee recognition programs and events
- Employee discounts and amenities
- Support for community organizations and causes championed by
- The HCA Hope Fund, which provides financial assistance for employees in times of disaster or personal distress