HCA Virginia Employee Benefits
Industry-Leading Benefits and Opportunities
As an employee at HCA Virginia, you'll receive a wide array of benefits designed to care for you and your family. These benefits—known as HCA Total Rewards—supplement your pay and may be customized to your situation and needs.
Health & Retirement Programs
Benefits available to HCA Virginia employees include:
- Medical Coverage – The Well Care Program offers three medical plan options to meet your needs.
- Dental Care – Coverage is available through the MetLife Dental PPO Plan. In addition, Cigna Dental Care DMO is available in Richmond and Northern VA; Delta Dental DPO is available in Southwest VA.
- Vision Care – The Vision Plan includes benefits for eye exams, lenses, frames, laser correction surgery and other eye care items.
- Prescription Drug Coverage – Medication plans may be customized to your situation. Prescription drug coverage is included as part of the medical plan
- Short-Term Disability – Coverage replaces a portion of your base pay after you have been away from work for more than five days because of a personal non-work-related illness or injury that meets the plan's medical management criteria.
- Long-Term Disability – Coverage provides income protection if you become disabled and unable to work for an extended period of time.
- Life Insurance – Choose from Basic Term or Supplemental Term plans, with the option of purchasing Dependent Life Insurance for your spouse and/or children.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) – FSAs allow you to set aside a portion of your pre-tax earnings to pay for qualified expenses. Select:
- A Health Care FSA to help pay for eligible healthcare expenses.
- A Day Care FSA to help offset eligible child- or elder-care expenses.
- Financial Education – Educate yourself about personal finances through onsite courses and online information and tools.
- Employee Assistance Program – All employees have access to this confidential service providing personal, legal and financial counseling and referrals.
- Voluntary CorePlus Benefits – Designed to complement and supplement other coverage, coverage may include legal advice; insurance for your vehicle, home or pet; long-term care insurance and voluntary permanent life insurance.
- Retirement Program – The HCA 401(k) Plan combines contributions from your employment facility with your own contributions to help you save for the future. Your hospital provides a 100 percent match, up to nine percent of your pay, based on your years of service.
Additional Employee Rewards & Benefits
HCA Virginia encourages quality of life for our employees through:
- Paid time off for vacations, holidays and illness
- Family, medical, military and bereavement leaves
- Wellness programs
- Employee advisory groups, employee surveys and other channels for employee expression
- Professional development and education opportunities
- HCA Foundation scholarships
- Employee recognition programs and events
- Employee discounts and amenities
- Support for community organizations and causes championed by our employees
- The HCA Hope Fund, which provides financial assistance for employees in times of disaster or personal distress
Find out more about HCA benefits and rewards.
Practice With Us
Discover how to become part of our award-winning team of healthcare professionals at ACareer@HCA. Job listings are updated regularly, so check back often.
Meet some of our employees.