Quality of Care
Performance Measured in Black and White
Today as never before, information is available to help healthcare consumers gauge the quality of care provided by hospitals and to compare facilities based on consistent and objective criteria. These criteria are called core measures, established as standards of care by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
HCA Virginia is dedicated to providing the highest quality of healthcare to our patients—and our pursuit of excellence shows.View and compare our latest quality of care scores as reported by the CMS:
Our Commitment to Patient Safety
Patient safety is our top priority at HCA Virginia. We continually work to ensure the highest level of patient safety at all facilities—using best practices, improved technology and increased patient involvement in their own healthcare. Every member of our staff is dedicated to:
- Providing you with a safe, healthy and secure environment
- Performing their job carefully and competently
- Using safe and effective practices and technologies
- Responding to your wants and needs in a timely manner
- Ensuring timely communications between caregivers and patients by answering questions about your treatment and your health, providing you with specific information about your care and explaining changes in your treatment
Infection prevention is a serious challenge facing healthcare organizations around the world. HCA Virginia and our parent company HCA are at the forefront of the ongoing effort to protect patients from infections during their hospital stay.
Learn more about our corporate infection prevention programs.
Dr. Jonathan Perlin: Nationally Recognized Patient Safety Advocate
HCA Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Jonathan Perlin, is an ambassador for HCA's patient safety initiatives. As the chairperson of the Federal Health Information Technology Standards Committee, he's helping shape the definition of "meaningful use" of electronic health records. In 2010, he was recognized at the national level as recipient of the National Patient Safety Foundation's Chairman's Medal for his advocacy for increased patient safety. Learn more about Dr. Perlin's work as a patient safety advocate.
HCA's Quality and Safety Recognition
- Fortune's Most Admired Companies
- Computerworld's Annual List of Best Places to Work In Information Technology – ranked in top 100 workplaces nationally
- Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies