November 08, 2012
Richmond, Va. (Nov. 8, 2012) —Members of the Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association (VHHA) today elected Margaret G. Lewis, president, HCA Virginia Health System, chairman of the association.
Lewis was honored earlier this morning during the association’s 86th Annual Meeting of the Membership at The Homestead in Hot Springs, Virginia. She succeeds Howard P. Kern, president, Sentara Healthcare in Norfolk, who remains on the VHHA Board of Directors as immediate past chairman.
“Virginia’s hospitals provide outstanding care, but they understand that patients and employers are asking for even better quality, lower costs and more value for their health care dollar,” said Lewis. “Together with the VHHA, our hospitals are committed to responding to what the marketplace is so clearly telling us.”
Chairman-elect is John L. Fitzgerald, CEO, Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, Fairfax; and R. Edward Howell, CEO, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, was elected secretary/treasurer.
Other VHHA directors are:
- Nancy Howell Agee, president and CEO, Carilion Clinic, Roanoke
- Peter J. Bernard, CEO, Bon Secours Virginia, Richmond
- David L. Brash, senior vice Ppresident, Business Development and Rural Strategy, Wellmont Health System, Kingsport, TN
- W. Michael Bryant, president and CEO, Centra, Lynchburg
- W. Scott Burnette, president/CEO, Community Memorial Healthcenter, South Hill
- James B. Cole, president and CEO, Virginia Hospital Center, Arlington
- James D. Dahling, president and CEO, Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters, Norfolk
- David B. Darden, CEO, Clinch Valley Medical Center, Richlands
- William B. Downey, president, Riverside Health System, Newport News
- Ann L. Fleming, senior vice president, Mountain States Health Alliance, Johnson City, TN
- Constance R. Kincheloe, trustee, Culpeper Regional Hospital, Culpeper
- Mary N. Mannix, president and CEO, Augusta Health, Fishersville
- Mark H. Merrill, president and CEO, Valley Health, Winchester
- J. Thomas Ryan, M.D., Executive vice president and chief medical officer, Mary Washington Healthcare, Fredericksburg
- Laurens Sartoris, president, Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association, Richmond
- Michael J. Yungmann, CEO, Southside Regional Medical Center, Petersburg
The Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association is an alliance of hospitals and health delivery systems that develops and advocates health care policy for the Commonwealth. Its vision is to achieve excellence in both health care and health.
Photos of VHHA Board members are available by contacting (804) 965-1227.